Final Countdown -F14A VF-84 Jolly Rogers, A6m Zero

Started by Chuck A. Villanueva · 141 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Adolfo Coelho said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Saurians?... Nah...

A good saurian is a dead saurian, IMHO...

But not for eating nor drinking...

For drinking I do prefer purified water, preferably with Elite Shungite πŸ˜‰

Cheers!

Dolf

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Nice! Sci-fi ideas always has a source in reality.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Is that you in the photo, Dolf? Those 'show and tell' sessions at school must have been mighty interesting...

• Profile Photo

Robert, ah'm not sure about that there brandy but ah sure could make a nice mint julep with that there Tennessee suppin' whisky.

• Profile Photo

Yes it's me David. 5 or so years old. So obviously I didn't shoot nor killed the saurian, my dad did, I just took the prize...

No "show and tell" session at school! Just a picnic in family in the wild, in Western Africa, where I was born and had a happy childhood and happy life until the civil war started in 74 (I was then 18) ...

Cheers!

Dolf

• Profile Photo

That is an impressive photo, Dolf. I can honestly say I have never seen anything like it. Thanks for sharing, maybe you do a build from Godzilla?

• Profile Photo

"maybe you do a build from Godzilla?"

As I said, I don't feel any attraction for reptiles/reptilians/reptiloids... nor anything that crawls, either tiny or gigantic...

Check my Lawrence thread, I'll be posting a few other actors busts from well known films.

Cheers!

Dolf

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Thanks everyone for your perspective on time travel. Also David-Leigh for the lead on the book Weapons of Choice, I went ahead and downloaded a copy on my Kindle. $2.99. Also noticed another book by the same author called Designated Target, more akin to what happened in Final Countdown. In this case right before the battle of Midway, where even the enemy have access to modern weapons, and the knowledge of history as well and now adjust their strategies to counter the Allies. That sounds like a good one.

The movie does opens a lot of thoughts and conjectures as well as insight about time travel, dimensions, if there is a similar world just like ours that exist but in a different dimension as demonstrated in a Star Trek episode. Which at the time was pure science fiction, or was it? Think about it, in 1965 all the gizmos, Star Ships and stories all from fiction, yet the Space Shuttle was already on the drawing board, the communication devices well look at our cell phones, androids, iphones, Tri -corder again tablets no longer fiction but now a part of everyday life, and how about the Transporter, wouldn't that be neat, well they have been developing such a device and still not quite able to teleport biological matter, still such technology is still in it's infancy what was considered science fiction at one time. Just go back 100 years and see how most people traveled by train and boats. Aviation was still in it's infancy and growing rapidly but still unreliable. Roadways were mostly dirt roads. The interstates wont be around for another 20 years. What a difference a century makes. I'm telling you Gene Roddenberry had some foresight, amazing man, also a Navy man how about that. Kind of makes sense the Star Ship Enterprise.

• Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Chuck, a long time ago I watched a TV series on Science Fiction. It showed that the science and technolgy we have today was largley laid down by sci-fi writers. Authors come up with 'out of the box' thinking, and the scienists come up with ways to make it so.

• Profile Photo

For those interested in an update and some out of the box real information about the current capabilities on this planet concerning time travel, portals, and all this type of technology I would highly recommend to watch Gaia TV series "Cosmic Disclosure", if you can afford paying a subscription. If you can't, just like me, here is a link for the 1st episode of Season 12, where the main topic is exactly what we have been discussing on this thread: time travel:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/170Svfldf36xZZf6NsxLk1dgaK_DuZ7OK/view

By default the subtitles will show up in Portuguese, but you can deactivate them on the Settings.

Sadly these already existing technologies are no sci-fi, they do exist already but are only available for a few from the "elites", and not for the general public. If they were, the pharma industry would collapse and go bankrupt... wars would end and the military-industrial-complex would collapse and go bankrupt... money would no longer be necessary, hence the banksters would go bankrupt...

You see, these few are the most powerful "elites" in this world, so they will do whatever they can to keep us, common mortals, busy with fake news, wars, famine, misery and dying from diseases for which cures already exist... As long as we don't wake up!

Cheers!

Dolf

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Will be using the Hasegawa 1/48th F-14A kit, in the VF-84 scheme. And Hasegawa special edition 2 in one kit of the A6m2 Zeke Pearl Harbor. For this portion of the GB I may add some more aircraft along the way. Like maybe a 72nd Fujimi Sea King and A-7E. Will see.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Well, you hit a nerve with the time travel issue, Chuck. Back to the the plastic, these two look as though you are in for some fun at the bench. I've always loved line drawings/profiles of aircraft and those Zeros are beautifully done.

• Profile Photo
    Ray Seppala said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Chuck, Designated Target is a 'Part 2' to Weapons of Choice and there is a Part 3 called Final Impact where WWII is fought with enhanced weapons including early model B-52s and Sabres. Quite a thought-provoking series, I thought. I have the 3 books on my shelf in the study. I should read them again one day.

Oh and David, I should add I did this diorama in 1/72 scale back in 2005 with a Haseage F-14 and Airfix Zero

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Outstanding set, Ray!

'Dolf, I had a suspicion that you couldn't handle that double-barreled shotgun at that tender age, but I wasn't sure so I wasn't gonna comment. You do look very business-like in the photo! I'm with you - no interest in having critters like that, big or small. But they're somewhat interesting to learn about.

Go Chuck, GO!

• Profile Photo

Jeff (@mikegolf)

"Dolf, I had a suspicion that you couldn’t handle that double-barreled shotgun at that tender age"

Indeed πŸ™‚
    I said earlier I was probably 5 or so, but having a second thought I probably was like 4-5.

Fired that shotgun for the first time when I was probably 10-12, under my father's supervision of course. Had such a strong recoil that even at 10-12 I really felt it like a horse kick!... lol...

"You do look very business-like in the photo!"

Lol... I changed quite a lot since then... If I posted a pic of me right now you wouldn't believe it was the same person... πŸ™‚

"I’m with you – no interest in having critters like that, big or small."

Thank you for your support πŸ˜‰ Glad I'm not alone on this πŸ˜‰

I know currently there are people who like reptiles, many even have them as "pets", or in terrariums...
    I always feel my flesh creep, a shiver, each time I go into a pets store and they have those terrariums full of snakes and spiders of all shapes, colors and sizes... It really makes me feel very uncomfortable, that's for sure!

Everything that crawls... is creepy IMO...

"But they’re somewhat interesting to learn about."

Yes, sure, we can learn from everything, but... do we really need to learn everything?... πŸ˜‰
    I know there are things I'm simply not interested in learning about πŸ˜‰

As for wild life, there are so many more interesting creatures out there IMO.

Cheers!

Dolf