“Here’s to Swimmin’ with Bow-Legged Women”

Started by david leigh-smith · 550 · 4 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 4 years, 9 months ago:

Quint: “What are ya, some kind of half-a*s astronaut? Heh, heh, heh. Take that, you latch it secure.”
    “ Jesus-H Christ. When I was a boy, every little squirt wanted to be a harpooner or a sword fisherman. Whatta ya got here. Portable shower or a monkey cage?”

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 4 years, 9 months ago:

You (and Davis, and Quint) are just having way too much fun!

• Profile Photo

Greg, just wait until Brody and Hooper arrive...

@gkittinger

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 4 years, 9 months ago:

Looking awesome David, a local cable stations been running Jaws and the sequels, Jaws 2 is my limit.

• Profile Photo
    Matt Minnichsoffer said 4 years, 9 months ago:

David,

Right after I posted that fighting chair comment, I thought, wait...where does that chair go? If your going for the Orca, circa the dinner/drinking scene about the Indianapolis. I guess you wouldn’t need it.

Ever get the feeling your fans want more:)

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 4 years, 9 months ago:

This is the most modeling fun I have had not doing anything with it.

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 4 years, 9 months ago:

I've fall down the Rabbit hole on this whole darn string or the Orca hole. This is a Dreyfuss interview about the filming of the movie.

• Profile Photo
    Michael E Rieth said 4 years, 9 months ago:
  • Profile Photo

Another interview about Shaw and Dreyfuss;

• Profile Photo
    Matt Minnichsoffer said 4 years, 9 months ago:

“Seen one eat a rocking chair once.”

• Profile Photo

Yep, the franchise really jumped the shark after ‘II’. Excuse the pun. MIchael Caine (an Oscar winner) once said of his role in Jaws IV: The Revenge (1987) that "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house in Barbados that it built, and it is terrific.”

“This Time it’s Personal”. Mmmmmm...more like, “This Time it’s just Cr@p”.

And how is it possible that the animatronic shark in the original movie is SO much better than the one in the fourth movie twelve years later?

Jaws 4...

And the Original...

You see, @roofrat - one innocent comment and I’m off on a rant.

• Profile Photo

Matt, that drinking/scar/Indianapolis scene is exactly what I’m going for - for reasons previously discussed - and I’m REALLY looking forward to the Indy part of the build. Would love to light her up a little more but try as I might (other than the cabin lighting), the main lights are attached to the mast and very hard to disguise.

As I said in a PM, I’ll probably tackle the fighting chair in the Autumn (not sure what year...) and maybe even get around to that mechanical shark.

@coondog

• Profile Photo

I fitted the main brace for the pulpit (thanks for that reminder, Matt)...

It was a little tricky to get the angles right, but I wrangled a little jig that allowed me to play with the positioning,

And more damned cleats...

Thanks for the videos, Stephen. Glad to have you down the rabbit hole...sure beats reality.

@stephen-w-towle

Also made more harpoons and stuck in the brackets on the starboard side of the cabin.

• Profile Photo

Spielberg was influence by Hitchcock in his earlier work and the opening scenes of not seeing Bruce are a reflection of his style. Hitchcock was good at neat camera angles and just providing enough info. Of course once Hollyweird gets a hold of a success and beats that horse into the ground ...nothing is original and the writing boils down to see a big rubber fish on the screen. Or it becomes a "Franchise" and is rebooted. At least Shaw, Dreyfuss and Scheider had material that let them act and Spielberg put together a plot with some good editing. The rest is fodder for the teenie boppers...

• Profile Photo

Tom, a better compliment I’ll never find.

@tcinla