“Here’s to Swimmin’ with Bow-Legged Women”

Started by david leigh-smith · 550 · 4 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 5 years, 2 months ago:

Excellent progress David. She's really taking shape.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 2 months ago:

Made a little more progress today.

Some detailing of the exterior cabin.

Fitting the benches inside and some more detail.

Started the anxiety ridden process of planking the hull.

Finger is finally showing a little improvement. Won’t show any photos (might be kids watching...) - boy, getting old sucks.

Did more

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 5 years, 2 months ago:

Great work here. Really excellent.

• Profile Photo
    Gary Wiley said 5 years, 2 months ago:

That looks great David, and good news about the finger.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 5 years, 2 months ago:

Loving seeing the Orca come together (and so sorry finger is coming apart...)! Hang in there - a few prayers going up for swift recovery (of the finger that is.).

• Profile Photo

Well, enough is enough and the finger had to go. A little rum, a little courage, a new exacto blade and wham!

Ok, it’s ketchup.

Made some more progress on the boat. Got the tricky angles right (pun intended) on the cabin front.

Made up the front lower cabin.

Made some ridiculously small parts for filling...and prove I still have all ten digits.

Thanks TC - appreciate you dropping in. I got your email today (was hidden in the trash file - I’ll send my thoughts on this exciting project later).

@wiley2770 @tcinla @gkittinger

• Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 5 years, 2 months ago:

David...keep that up and I will be sending the Big Guys in the white coats to check up on you! LOL, that was hilarious. The guys and work wanted to know what I was laughing about. Thanks for the smile!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 2 months ago:

David @dirtylittlefokker

My friend you have made some serious progress since I last checked in ! It's looking fantastic too.

When I saw the picture of the finger tip surgery I just had to laugh... it made my day. You have a twisted sense of humor and I love it. 🙂 Thanks for making me laugh... I needed that.

• Profile Photo
    Aleksandar Sekularac said 5 years, 2 months ago:

Does anyone recall a film called “Four Rooms”? The last story in this anthology is directed by Tarantino and involves a block of wood, a doughnut, a ball of twine, three nails, a club sandwich, a bucket of ice and a hatchet "as sharp as the Devil himself". There is a wager where one character will light up his Zippo ten times in a row without a fail to win another one’s vintage car, or lose his pinky otherwise. Being a Tarantino story Zippo fails on a first attempt…

Marvelous woodwork David, bravo! Just watch out, all that ketchup may attract sharks… 😉
    Cheers,
    Aleks

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 5 years, 2 months ago:

Lol, as i stop for just a second when I first viewed the image with the removing your finger pic, I couldn't help but to think of hearing the movie "Psycho" theme music in the background the repeated knife thrusts and then realized it was all for show. Very funny indeed...Not!

• Profile Photo

Lower front deck completed and battery hatches sculpted and fitted. All sharp blades removed and the kids have me on close observations for any sudden moves.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 5 years, 2 months ago:

Love the model and the story.

• Profile Photo

This morning’s progress is a table. Not just any old table, but a fabled table. In fact, as it’s made with real, strong tiny joints, you could say it’s a stable, fabled, table.

The table where Hooper and Quint compare scars and Quint talks about the USS Indianapolis, which gives his borderline psychotic ‘Captain Ahab’ persona a whole new depths and insight.

“...You know, that was the time I was most frightened – waitin’ for my turn. I’ll never put on a life jacket again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water, three hundred and sixteen men come out, and the sharks took the rest”...

“...anyway, we delivered the bomb...”

“pic2”

1 additional image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Matt Minnichsoffer said 5 years, 2 months ago:

Enjoying the heck out of watching this come together. Looking real good David.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 5 years, 2 months ago:

David, you are having WAAAYYYY too much fun with this buil... wait! Isn't that the point?! Thanks for helping to make modeling a bit of rousing community theatre!