hi and thanks for the invite... now just have to come up with an idea!!

Started by Paul Mahoney · 57 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Paul Mahoney said 5 years, 7 months ago:

at least i have some time ๐Ÿ™‚

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Don't we all! I appreciate the invite as well. Now ... for that idea ...

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Paul, Iโ€™m expecting something from you that redefines the very parameters and stretches the known reference points for modeling as we know it...

• Profile Photo
    Paul Mahoney said 5 years, 7 months ago:

well David, nothing like a little challenge ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

I am working on 3 different diorama ideas right now, one snow, one sand/water and one runway scene. the only one in build stage is the snow at the moment. but i am cobbling the bits together for the other two. since we have a nice long time on this one, I will be wracking my brain for a good movie-themed one. the underwater vulcan crash in "thunderball" sprung to mind... but that would be huge even in 1/72... will keep pondering some other iconic ones been done already...

• Profile Photo

I knew youโ€™d rise to this, Paul, they sound like pretty amazing dios and if someone can come up with a great idea itโ€™s going to you. No pressure at all.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Love your rendition of the "Hollywood" sign in the header...cute.

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Craig. Now, we going to get you building something? Seriously, no pressure, just great to have your support and comments.

David

• Profile Photo

Get the aluminum hat off and the thinking cap on, Jeff...

• Profile Photo
    Sebastijan Videc said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Thanks for the invitation, David! I've always wanted to build Maverick's Tomcat from Top Gun, so I guess that would be an option, right? Maybe even a flyby diorama of a certain tower buzz ๐Ÿ˜€
    I guess, Star Wars models would fit in here as well, though we already have a dedicated Sci-Fi group?

• Profile Photo

Sebastijan, I know that anything you build will be superb. The mindset here is have fun with it, so whatever Build makes you smile most to think about - please build it.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 5 years, 7 months ago:

I'm in, got Martian war machine in the stash,1950's version, maybe with a burned out tank?

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Paul' the Thunderball idea is great, Cyber hobby has a 1/200 Vulcan, then there's the old Lindberg 1/96, might make the dio more manageable.

• Profile Photo
    gary sausmikat said 5 years, 7 months ago:

I stayed awake all night thinking of countless unique ideas and what's in my stash! Still a-thinkin'... Can't wait to see all the ideas.

• Profile Photo

Robert, if you do a 50โ€™s Martian War Machine you go straight into the โ€˜Aโ€™ listers! With a Sherman, youโ€™re all over your โ€˜A gameโ€™. Thank you SO much. Made my day, Robert.

@roofrat

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Perfect time at the last 1/4 of the year (can you believe how quick this year flew by!), to start planning for the upcoming year and potential GB's along the way. So what comes to mind may be a couple of movies, like Final Countdown (F-14 vs A6m Zero) Kelly's Heroes with a Sherman vs Tiger, or several other vehicles, M3 Halftrack, jeeps, kubelwagons potential dio. Or even a 1977 Pontiac Trans Am from Smokey and the Bandit in honor of Burt Reynolds who passed away recently. The only movie that influenced me to actually go out and buy one. Yes it was the black one. Top Gun, Hunter (F-86's over Korea, great movie starred William Holden) . Very broad area and ideas I am sure will come about. Looking forward to see how this pans out. Great Idea!