hi and thanks for the invite... now just have to come up with an idea!!

Started by Paul Mahoney · 57 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Aleksandar Sekularac said 5 years, 7 months ago:

David my friend, You're ON! Thanks for the invite and for coming up with this great topic.

I have one idea that is so far out I think it will blow your socks off - yes, those colorful ones! And it just so happens that it is from the big screen and it just so happens that I can model it (I think) and it just so happens that you invited, so I really have to do it cause it's just right...
    Cheers,
    Aleks

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Chuck, I have no idea where 60% of this year has gone to. In my mind it’s still around May.

The ‘77 Trans Am would be great, and I love the idea of an F14/Zero dio. Looking forward to you sharing ideas and seeing what you settle on.

Thanks, Chuck.

• Profile Photo

Oh, REALLY - you pull the pin and walk away?

“I gots to know...”

@asekular

• Profile Photo

I know it sucks, but the things is I shall combine two scenes that are not meant for each other... It's an exothermic type o'thing and will lose potency if I tell about it now. Think about it as the pleasure in anticipation. Also I'll be so far outside of my comfort zone with this one, that I don't want to jinks it... Sorry but you'll have to wait for your Christmas young man...;)

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 7 months ago:

I'll be waiting with baited (or bad) breath, Aleksandar. I certainly don't want to spoil any surprise, so wait I (WE) will. My socks aren't QUITE as colorful, but I'll put them on prior to the reveal in preparation for them being blown off.

😉

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Dirty Harry ! That has to be one of my favorite movies... and an iconic scene.

"Bein' this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and it could blow your head clean off... You have to ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky ? Well ... do ya punk ?" Clint Eastwood

I had a few ideas from a color movie called "Dive Bomber". Here's a few stills to possibly "influence" someone. A classic from the "Yellow Wings" era.

Someone can pick up the ball and run with it... 🙂

• Profile Photo

Louis, talking about classic Yellow Wings, how about this?

Curtiss Helldivers from the 2005 version of ‘King Kong’. Of course, a certain Mr. Jackson knows a thing or two about biplanes.

• Profile Photo

Aleks - I’m pretty sure that’s the first time the word ‘exothermic’ has found its way onto a modeling site. I’ll wait, but it’s not making me happy. And in terms of getting out of your comfort zone, that’s where the ‘magic’ happens.

Thanks for the teaser, Aleks!

@asekular

• Profile Photo

Guys, how about a bulldozer and Dodge Charger from Vanishing Point, or a surf board being stollen from a Huey in Apocalypse Now, or modded Messerschmitt Kabinenroller with a gas-turbine from my favorite film Brazil... so many great movie ideas - but there, now you know I'm not doing any of these...

• Profile Photo

The ideas this GB can generate are endless and more importantly, fun. Lots of fun.

• Profile Photo

Since you guys are talking my language with Dodge Chargers and Challengers, how about this beautiful 69 Dodge Charger. I introduce to you...

The General Lee

One of the all time most recognizable cars from the picture screens.

Here's a great picture of the "Vanishing Point" car, which was a 1970 Dodge Challenger. This happens to be my all time favorite muscle car...

I have a real one in cue to restore next. Mine is an original Lime Green car. Same year however.

I think the "Fast and Furious" movies are a little over the edge but I do thoroughly enjoy looking at the old Detroit Iron muscle cars that made appearances in each one.

• Profile Photo

David LS,
    Now that is a very cool photo ! King Kong AND a Curtiss Helldiver... 🙂 Good one.

I had the thinking cap on, since I temporarily sat aside my aluminum hat, and came up with a few more ideas for someone to hopefully run with...

So here goes !

We had the movie "Pearl Harbor" ... This Zero was supposedly used in the filming. Wrong colors and all.

This full sized fiberglass P-40 mock up was also used in the movie. Ironically, it was also used in the "Tora ! Tora! Tora!" movie. It's supposedly the only movie prop P-40 example that survived. The rest were blown up during filming.

How about a plane from the "Battle of Britain" ? Here's an example that is still wearing the same colors from the movie. I believe this one was also used in the recent "Dunkirk" movie.

a Heinkel anyone ? Also from the BoB movie...

Remember the movie "Catch-22" ? Here's a B-25 from the movie...

What about "Midway" ? Here's a picture of the cast standing next to a Wildcat...

Last but not least, (and probably my favorite from this group) "The Great Waldo Pepper"...

This Group Build has a LOT of great options for ideas to build...

• Profile Photo

Ah, if we are talking cars (as opposed to ‘talking’ cars - Knight Rider, anyone?) then how about a ‘58 Plymouth Fury...

• Profile Photo

How about another 69 Dodge Charger... This time the one from the movie "Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry" ?

It's a shame what they did to this car at the end of the movie... it gets much worse than how it looks in this picture...

How about a Steve McQueen "Bullitt" fastback Mustang

or a "Bad Guys" black 68 Charger R/T ?

Here's a picture that Mopar guys will love... and Ford guys will not be so happy about. Notice the Charger is in front ...

This movie has the best car chase scenes ever...

• Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Damn! Everybody stole my ideas. How do you do dat?
    I already have a two day hangover from this quest, and used up all my Internet data searching for ideas.
    I need a chocolate fix. Who's got chocolate . . . Oh no, now I am thinking about Willy Wonka.