PREDATOR

Started by Travis Paschall · 22 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Travis Paschall said 5 years, 7 months ago:

This is a custom kit I purchased but will put him in a jungle diorama if that’s okay?

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Matija Skobe said 5 years, 7 months ago:

what scale is it? the hanging corpses are signature scene for the predator, yet expensive for anything above 1/35 scale.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Yeeeeeeesssssssssssss! What a contribuion. This I can’t wait to see develop and I hope you are planning a build log (no pressure, Travis).

“This sh@t makes Cambodia look like Kansas”...

• Profile Photo

@matija_skobe, Yeah, he's 11 inches tall so just the jungle dio is going to be pricey in materials let alone other 11-12 inch figures. But great idea!

• Profile Photo

@dirtylittlefokker, Haven't thought about a build log, I kinda go all mad scientist during builds so it's messy and when in the groove I'll probably forget to take pics. Plus as par for the course, I'm going way outside my comfort zone with something this big and the Predator skin is going to be a huge challenge!

• Profile Photo
    Matija Skobe said 5 years, 7 months ago:

dont worry, if it paints you can kill it,
    but, for 11 inch corpse you dont need details, just human shape from clay painted in flesh. (easily said than done) 😛

• Profile Photo

@matija_skobe, Thanks man, it's definitely going to be a run through the jungle!

• Profile Photo

What you seem to miss, Travis, is that ‘messy and mad scientist’ is exactly what we love here. And getting out of that comfort zone will make you SUCH a better modeler.

@Sanps0351

• Profile Photo

“If it paints you can kill it” - brilliant.

@matija_skobe

• Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Looking forward to this jungle diorama, Travis. Please also show us how you build this stage setting (so to speak). I am still learning, especially about trees etc.

• Profile Photo
    Adolfo Coelho said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Travis (@Snaps0351)

Really an excellent choice!

And based on the previous fantastic dioramas you posted on the Forum, I can only anticipate a fantastic scene!

I "love" the Predator movies, and I "love" the character much more than "Alien". This guy is a hunter, and after all that's what hunters do, try to become as much invisible as possible to their preys... He definitely excels on that... lol...

When I was in the US many moons ago, I brought one (and also an "Alien") for my then kid son.
    Really nice figure!

May I ask what scale is yours?

Cheers!

Dolf

• Profile Photo

Adolpho, I’m thinking around 1/8 he stands 11 inches tall

• Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Oh, I just realized. At 1/8 scale, your jungle scene will be close to ground level. Ought to be interesting to see how you build this.

• Profile Photo
    Adolfo Coelho said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Travis,

Had to convert it to our metric system... lol...
    Ok, around 28cm tall (he looks taller than that on your pics tho) is quite a nice little figure to work with!

Looking forward for your jungle dio!

Cheers!

Dolf

• Profile Photo

@tecko, Yeah he's going to be a big guy, never done anything this large! I'll do my best to document everything including painting the Predator skin (another first) which is going to be a challenge.