PREDATOR

Started by Travis Paschall · 22 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Travis Paschall said 5 years, 7 months ago:

@dolfdylan, thank you, sir, I'll do my best to document his adventure!

• Profile Photo

@dirtylittlefokker, Thanks for the encouragement man! I'll do my best to get this craziness documented at least it should be a plethora of " Don't be like me and learn from my mistakes" kind of journey! This scale is a little daunting so I'll try and make the dio as elaborate as possible but it'll definitely have to be kept to a certain size comparable the actual model, ie; nothing like the Yoda dio or I would seriously have to make like 6 ft trees!

• Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 7 months ago:

There will always be 'firsts' in progress. From what I've seen of your work, you won't have any troubles worth worrying about. Enjoy your creativity and that enjoyment will surely be passed onto us, and for that, I am already grateful.

• Profile Photo

@tecko, Peter, I was thinking about your earlier post especially about the tree making part and was wondering myself how I'm going to make these huge honking trees when looking at the bookshelf the answer was staring back at me I have a copy of AK Interactive's FAQ Diorama book! Boom problem solved although I'll be documenting the build, I thought you might benefit from this book as well. I received it as a Christmas present but when researching where to purchase and prices for you, it is a little pricey but in my opinion well worth the knowledge it contains! Of course, Amazon has it but if you dive a little deeper some of the smaller hobby shops carry it as well and might have a sale on it. How this helps and it would be a great addition to the "tool boxk".

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Travis, there’s nothing like a bit of ‘documented craziness’. You’ll be fine and you’ll have great company along the way. The long lead line on the Group means you’ll have plenty of time and space to plan and experiment. At that scale my advice would be to keep the dio to a stand - the Preditor has to be the singular focus and going over-elaborate may take away from the work.

Foe example. If you look at the model below...

And compare it to this model...

Model 2 is simpler, less busy, and much more powerful for my money. Thinking about this in respect to your ‘Yoda’ Build, Yoda’s setting was important, integral to the build and narrative whereas with a predator you expect him to blend in, to be part of the terrain, so the focus on the subject becomes more important.

My 2 cents worth.

• Profile Photo

@dirtylittlefokker, Sir your 2 cents is worth a million here! This is exactly what I'm going for something simple but eye-catching like the Predator model #1 in your post. My drawback is my kit is not a movie Predator it's a made-up Predator (hope that doesn't disqualify me) and that's why I'm putting him in the jungle so it's at least somewhat true to the movie.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 7 months ago:

No fear at all of disqualification - it’s all ‘canon’ so definitely in and the build will be on my ‘speed dial’.

@Snaps0351