Seven Brave Men

Started by Dmitry Stropalov · 42 · 5 years ago · airplane, arctic, movie, USSR
  • Profile Photo
    Dmitry Stropalov said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Fanera-2 is ready for priming. Sure there will be some issues and defects clearly visible on a primed surface, but I hope it will not take too much time to remove all of them, and I will safely move to applying some orange paint. Still not sure about skis color.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Such an original aircraft, I actually think she looks quite elegant in a funny sort of way. Enjoying the build, Dmitri. I'm pretty sure that primer won't uncover much in the way of defects.

• Profile Photo

Hope so, David. Anyway, I'm glad to see this kit assembled after all of these years it was lying on a shelf.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 5 months ago:

I hope you post some more photos, Dmitry!

• Profile Photo

And some more photos! Intermediate sanding-priming (primer used is Gunze Mr Surfacer 1500):

Just before painting:

And after several layers of Gunze Orange Yellow (on the photo it looks more yellowish, but in reality it's a light orange color):

Now I will left it for several days – the paint should dry completely.

• Profile Photo

Excellent work. The primer shows no blemishes at all and the orange looks close to perfect. Great job, Dmitri.

• Profile Photo

Thanks, David!

I've printed decals and applied them. Film is little bit thick, so I'll try to hide it with varnish coat, but will see.

Currently I'm applying washes – I have no plans for a heavy weathering, but panels should be visible, I think. Small parts also got some washes:

• Profile Photo

This is turning into a surprisingly attractive aircraft, Dmitry.

• Profile Photo

And that's all. Thanks everybody for supporting and commenting – this helps a lot. And a question to @dirtylittlefokker David – should we post finished models on a group build's finish (like, everybody will post theirs work on the same day), or you'll just collect all of them in one post?

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

THAT is a stunning build. Beautifully put together, fantastic paintwork, and an original subject. Fantastic. If yo can post this build on ‘ Headlines’ - I’ll pull together all the finished builds about this time next year. I know it seems a long way off, but a lot of people are making multiple builds. This is a model that certainly deserves to be seen on the headlines board so please post there...preferably with more photos. Brilliant work!

@starfar

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 5 years, 5 months ago:

I gotta say, if there was a "Most Fantastic Amazing Model" award with this group build, this would be hands-down DA WINNAH! Truly amazing, Dmitry. I mean that with all sincerity. I am knocked dead.

• Profile Photo