Space; the final frontier. These are the voyages…

Started by david leigh-smith · 146 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Neil, I’ll take all of your previous projects for the ‘Movie’ Group. Just put them each in a new topic under the ‘iModeler at the Movies’ Group with a blurb about the movie. As you know I love your work so only too happy to ‘claim’ them for the Group!

And as for that joke...

@neil_foster

• Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Just joking with you, David. I was dying to use the Spock eyebrow-raise gif, and you provided the opportunity. Glad you are adventuring with lighting. . . light speed. . .warp speed. Oh no, I getting Vulcanized. . . Fascinating.

• Profile Photo

Neil @neil-foster, that was a funny joke. Thanks for the laugh.

• Profile Photo

I’ve been playing with resistors to get the right degree of brightness. In terms of ‘realism’ I’m going for something a bit brighter deliberately as it’ll be used as much as a piece of art as a ‘model’.

I ‘got’ the Spock eyebrow and it made me laugh. Out loud.

• Profile Photo

Don’t encourage him, Peter. It won’t stop here. “Sure, it’s all ooh, ahh, now but later there’s running and screaming”.

• Profile Photo

Ha ha ha. Is he going to do Jurasic Park?

• Profile Photo

You are too quick for your own good, Peter.

• Profile Photo

“Captain, the saucer section canna take this abuse much longer, she’s gonna blow”

• Profile Photo

Given this thing more of a pounding than half a dozen Klingon warbirds. The meeting of the two saucer halves needed a lot of grinding down to make a neat join.

Some retro-fitted posters...

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 5 years, 7 months ago:

"The bearings canna take it any more!" Some interesting posters, Might have to do a Star Trek subject, I saw the shows first run, most of the stories still hold up.Can't believe how the time goes, that's real time travel.

• Profile Photo

Thanks for the feedback, Robert. I’m glad this is inspiring you a little and it’d be great to have another Trek build in the group.

• Profile Photo

Cool posters. They tickled the commercial artist in me.
    When I saw the Adonais poster, it reminded me of your Enterprise clamping job.
    Overcoming adversities with adaption &/ adoption tickles the underdog in us.

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Peter. I had a sneaky feeling you’d appreciate the posters.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 7 months ago:

I didn't know that the original episodes had their own posters! Cool! Thanks for posting them, David.

• Profile Photo

One of my favourite episodes...