Space; the final frontier. These are the voyages…

Started by david leigh-smith · 146 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 7 months ago:

That sure was a dramatic episode. Bones played his part well as the unwell. Both Bones and Kirk had to deal with opposing attitudes and emotions, while Spock had to deal with continuing technical challenges, like us modelers. Though, the gist of the story also portrays one of Spocks contraversial precepts of the 'greater good'. Later challenged in the movie "The search for Spock".

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 7 months ago:

... And they went back in time ... Cool!

Yes, it WAS a great episode - one of the best.

• Profile Photo

This would have to be the funniest Star Trek movie.

• Profile Photo

Metamorphosis (Star Trek: The Original Series) was very intriguing for me. Love beyond the flesh.

David, I think a lot of possible Star Trek dioramas can be built around the Star Trek shuttlecraft.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 5 years, 7 months ago:

'The Empath'

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Metamorphosis was a great episode. The Entity/Companion was interesting in so much that Cochrane was disgusted at he thought of having a relationship with a 'thing' until it took the woman's body, wow - THEN he was he keen...

• Profile Photo

Robert, you can imagine the groans in the script briefing room; "so, Kirk meets this beautiful woman..."

@roofrat

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 5 years, 7 months ago:

David, who has made all the posters?

• Profile Photo

Robert, the posters (he has done all 80 original Star Trek episodes) is by an artist called Juan Ortiz. They are beautiful pieces of work and can be bought as prints (thinking of dropping some hints for Christmas).

There’s a link here;

http://www.startrek.com/article/juan-ortiz-unveils-may-2013-tos-art-prints

...if you want to know more about the inspiration and process of his work.

@roofrat

• Profile Photo
    Michael Paquette said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Wow, there's some cool posts in here (i'm a series Trekkie) along with the build. The Revell Germany kit look pretty good and yours is coming along.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Michael. I don’t get much time at all to build in the week but should get to this project again tomorrow. Pretty major dental surgery at 09:30 notwithstanding...

• Profile Photo

Back at the bench rather than the dentist’s chair, and we have some lights...

I’m trying to keep the effect subtle as not to make it too ‘toy-like’ and keep it in the scale model range.

• Profile Photo

Looks really cool, David. It turned out very well indeed.

I can easily imagine that your hand is Adonais and there are Star Trekies running around inside wondering what to do.

I know the red LED looks red and not whitish. Digital cameras are not as smart as us.

• Profile Photo

Damn it, Jim...I’m a doctor, not an electrician...

If there are two straight lines in this thing I haven’t found them yet!

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 7 months ago:

This is all VERY cool!