Space; the final frontier. These are the voyages…

Started by david leigh-smith · 146 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Wow David !

Very impressive... I especially like the pictures with the back ground lighting dimmed. This really shows off the effects of the LED lighting.

Well done !

That is a very cool pizza cutter by the way... 🙂

Now I'm hungry... for pizza.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Great ship, David!

I'm going to Louis' house for pizza - want to loan out that great pizza cutter?

Peter, those are great choices for a pizza! Yum!

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Peter, I’ve had to be very careful with the amount of sanding I’ve done to accommodate the LEDs. It’s been a fine meeting point between filing too much and not enough when it comes to fitting those lights.

The other major problem (much like the old Revell P38 Lightning in 1/32) has been getting the nacelles in some form of alignment and setting the angles correctly (much like setting the dihedral on an aircraft it looks ridiculous if you get it wrong).

ThNks for the feedback. Much enjoyed and appreciated.

• Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Marvelous job David. I was going to type out a long story about my day, in tribute to your efforts for your first born. But I've decided to only briefly interrupt your build log. Let's just say that doing things for those that you love, especially those near and dear to you, that is the key to happiness. You know what I mean. Making others happy, makes you happy.

Live well and Prosper David.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Right you are, James!

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Louis. Have a ‘Pizza the Action’ - you can watch it with Jeff!

• Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 7 months ago:
  • Profile Photo

“As illogical as it sounds, Captain, a giant hand seems to have caused a Hull breech on level 11 forward. It’s almost as though a giant i***t has ripped a panel of the hull out to repair some kind of lighting issue”...

• Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 6 months ago:

David, sorry to read you're having trouble with the lighting. Perhaps some music will smooth out the drama.

As a teenager, I built a simple theremin circuit from an old electronic magazine. But as usual, it proved that music was not my forte. Knowing that music is in your domain, perhaps this may 'lighten up' your situation.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Theremin+Star+Trek&&view=detail&mid=A59472C25844699E5039A59472C25844699E5039&&FORM=VRDGAR

• Profile Photo
    Chaz Sutherland said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Awesome work David and what an awesome thread it's inspired.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Thanks, Chaz. I’ll get into the paintwork this weekend; heck, might even finish her. Ppreciate the support, my friend.

• Profile Photo

Amazing video, Peter. The situation with the lights is resolved and all is well. I appreciate your encouragement, especially in these all too frequent mishaps. All too often I just don’t get the practice/time to be able to recreate what is in my head; the same, sad to say, is true of my music. That said, I’m happy; too few can make that claim.

• Profile Photo

It's funny how, through facing our fears of self, we can share and laugh at our true self, warts and all.
    http://www.inspirationpeak.com/cgi-bin/poetry.cgi?record=155

@dirtylittlefokker

• Profile Photo

Bravo on the poetry, Peter. Reminds me of what I say to students who can't stop judging themselves against others..."the only person you need to be better than is the person you were yesterday". Sunny Saturday morning here in London and I'm going to get some of this baby painted today.

• Profile Photo

Hope your weekend of modelling will bring much heart felt joy for you, David.