THE INVISIBLE MAN (just for fun)

Started by Peter Hausamann · 29 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 5 years, 6 months ago:

The Mummy tanking put the kibosh on The Invisible Man. That and Depp's recent antics.

• Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 6 months ago:

David, I must be dreaming or something strange has happened. Searched for a long time to no avail. I posted a few movie posters recently into an ARTICLE that is no longer available. The posters were: The Birdmen, Silent Running, and Von Ryan's Express.

@dirtylittlefokker

• Profile Photo

Which one would you watch first?

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 6 months ago:

No brainer, Abbot and Costello very time.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Peter, you are correct. I think that article must have been accidentally deleted as I can’t find any trace of it. Odd.

@tecko

• Profile Photo

I would go for Abbott and Costello too.
    Have not seen the movie, but if it is a hilarious as A & C Meet Frankenstein, it ought to be excellent.
    By the way, the Invisible Man appears at the end of 'Meet Frankenstein' movie.

• Profile Photo

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Seeing all the pics of various ... uh ... beings wearing night vision goggles brought back memories from the time I first saw my surroundings during full dark wearing PVS7B night vision goggles. Seeing it on the big (or little) screen isn't the same as seeing the real deal. It almost seems like seeing through the "cloak of invisibility!" Of course, it doesn't but it's sure amazing.

Great photos, Peter!

• Profile Photo

Came across a Starlight scope way back in the early 1980s (RAAF). It needed repair. To test it, we took to a room with no windows. It was pitch black, except for one dim red LED (ON light for air-con unit). The Starlight scope used that light source to see the whole room. It was an amazing thing to experience from seeing pitch black, to everything lit up by a green light within the scope.

• Profile Photo

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 5 months ago:

I had the opportunity to look through a PVS 5 night optic on occasion when I was in the Army. Our Scout platoon had them and we tankers would on occasion try them out.

Our tanks had passive night optics as well. When we went to thermal imaging that was a whole new ball game.

Great thread Peter.
    Thanks

• Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Thanks Louis for sharing. I have not seen (actual) thermal imaging, let alone x-ray imaging. The helmet shown in first of five images in above post is for x-ray imaging.

@lgardner

• Profile Photo
    Hans Wilhelm Fischer said 5 years, 5 months ago:

X-ray-Vision helmet? I suppose it'virtual-reailty-helmet (cameras outside of the tank)
    Remembering my physics-knowledge X-ray pass throug the object and aree not reflected. you'd need a receptor behind the object.

• Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Hans, thanks for clarity.

@wimfi