A couple of Schlacht planes zooming down

Started by Pedro L. Rocha · 98 · 2 years ago · 1/48, Eduard, Fw.190 F, Henschel 129 B, Revell, Schlacht combo
  • Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 3 years ago:

Here’s my second entry here, this time a combo build using one source of decals, Exito sheet# 48004 - “Luftwaffe ground attackers vol.1”

• The first is a semi started Henschel 129 B-2 using the Revell box of the best 1/48 model for this plane, the Hasegawa mould
      It’s option #2 of the decal sheet I’ll be using, because it features some artwork and victory marks that are rather unique. Other than that it’s a pretty standard camouflaged Henschel
      I’m using a few AM goodies, like PE, turned brass gun and resin radio compartment.

-the second Schlact plane is the brand new Eduard FW.190 F-8

Got the kit just now and can’t help but praise the quality of the box artwork and new frame, it just oozes a premium feel to the kit, well done Eduard!
    It’s true that the price tag increasead in excess of 10% over their last Spitfire kit (profipack boxes), some 4 euros higher, but I still think it’s well worth what you pay. If you read one of my past builds of these new FW190s you’ll understand why.
    The option #3 in Exito decal sheet is the one I’ll use on her .
    I have the highest regard for Exito research of the subject, top tier stuff, but I think they got some color details wrong on this one. As a disclaimer this is my personal opinion based on the single B&W photo I know of this particular plane, and so the finished model will reflect my interpretation as such.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

This is a wonderful double entry, my friend @holzhamer!
    Love your scheme choices.
    Looking forward to them!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years ago:

Nice ! These are both fantastic choices. I can’t wait to see you work your magic on these two. I have 3 of the Hasegawa HS-129’s in the stash and only recently have I acquired some of the new tool Eduard 190’s. I don’t have one of the Eduard 190 F-8 kits. I definitely want to pay close attention to how the construction goes on them, as I have never built any of these kits that you are going to be building.

The only HS-129 kits I have ever built were the old AMT kit in 1/48 and then the Lindberg kit as a child in 1/72 scale.
    Thanks buddy and you can definitely count me as signed up to watch these two materialize right in front of our very own eyes.

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 3 years ago:

I really like the HS-129 and had the ESCI boxing of it years and years ago. As much as I like the plane, I hated the plastic of the kit and the molding so much I never finished and can't recollect what ever happened to it. Looking back I have never finished an ESCI kit. I am looking forward to both your builds though, because the HS-129 is a bad a*s looking plane, just as the 190 is too!

• Profile Photo

Ah! I built both Henschels ESCI made, the 123 and the 129, eons ago. That big gun was pretty impressive for a young boy like me back then. Brush painted too, I recall how proud I was of that kit, way better than Starfix Zero I built around the same period.
    And your right Walt, it is a bad mofo looking plane 😉

• Profile Photo

You know what ? I just realized that I incorrectly stated that the 1/48 Henschel that I have previously built was made by AMT.

It was really a kit by ESCI and it had the monster 75 MM cannon just like you guys mentioned. I still have it on display in my cabinet. I really should retire it and then use it as a spray test mule.

I have three of the ESCI Henschel 123 biplanes in the stash too. These are the newer releases from AMTech and Italeri. They’re the same plastic with different decals and resin to update them.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years ago:

Really looking forward to these builds, Pedro @holzhamer
    Especially the 129, since I entered this groupbuild with the same kit, so I'm really interested in your progress.

• Profile Photo

@lgardner
    Louis, that’s the one 😉 and I also have the same boxes of the 123. AMTech box is very worth building don’t you think? I had thought of adding that one to this Schlacht group but figured it was already too much work as it is, but in a future occasion...

@johnb Thanks mate, hope you don’t mind the company. I guess we can support and learn from each other build right?

• Profile Photo

@holzhamer, I have no problem with that. It even encourages me more and see if I can reach the level of quality builds coming from your hands. I definitely want to learn from your approach on this great aircraft.

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 3 years ago:

Nice. Two Hs 129s. It will be good to compare the two building and painting experiences. I have never seen this kit built up in stages, so this will be a treat. That Fw-190 box art is extraordinary. Very realistic and dynamic looking - as no period photo could ever capture but very authentic just the same.

• Profile Photo

Pedro, @holzhamer
    Yes, The AMTech Hs-123 is a neat kit, and definitely worth building. Who knows ? Someday you just might find one (or three) of them started here ... 😉

• Profile Photo

Time to start some progress, and since the Henschel has some previous work made I decided to even the pace by starting the 190.

First thing to decided is what ordinance will it carry?

After some thinking I opted for an AB250 cluster bomb on the main rack and 4 SC50 under the wings.

This kit has a plethora of aerial weaponry, with several types of bombs, rockets, drop tanks and some cumbersome but great looking 30mm Mk103 cannons, for the modeler to choose from.

The AB250 bomb is made of a plastic body and PE fins. I already glued the bombs body, just needs some trimming, will add the PE tomorrow and then paint.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

You will load your 190 with some serious stuff, my friend @holzhamer!
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo

It will look great with all those weaponry, Pedro @holzhamer.
    You mentioned you had some work done on the 129 already.
    Curious if you want to share some of the progress done.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years ago:

The chosen load is going to make things look interesting I think. Like the idea.