A couple of Schlacht planes zooming down

Started by Pedro L. Rocha · 98 · 2 years ago · 1/48, Eduard, Fw.190 F, Henschel 129 B, Revell, Schlacht combo
  • Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 3 years ago:

Can't wait, Pedro - this is a stunning choice!

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 11 months ago:

With the very scarce model time I’ve been getting these past few weeks I made some chopping on the spruces, and a few parts glued together on the Fw.190.

However I came across this new box and brand (at least to me), that contains the hard to find Ju.87D made by Hasegawa in the early century

so I figured why not join this one along for the ride since the common denominator, Exito Decal sheet, has a Dora Stuka as its third subject?

I have the tank buster G-1 of this same moulds somewhere in the stash but that will be a rather long build, since I have too many AM stuff to fill, but this one will be a much more straightforward model, no AMS required 😉

I am thinking about doing a neat modification to the bombs, either of the Stuka or of the Focke-Wulf, by adding some tad poles to the fuse, recreating the late war Dinort device, also known as “Daisy cutters” nowadays

Hope to get some serious work made here and in other projects soon, since some time off work is coming soon

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Great project! @holzhamer

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Pedro, in one of the LiF magazines from "Start" there are a series of pictures of the "Hundesohn" planes. These (color) pictures are awesome, and show the planes with the "pants" off, so I just had to buy some resin wheelforks for future use. Looking forward to this one too @holzhamer.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Great addition to your group of Schlacht planes, Pedro.
    Looking forward to this special Stuka.

• Profile Photo

Thank you guys 🙂 I’m also looking forward to start deep in these 3 ground attackers.
    @airbum Erik, wonder if you can share some of those color photos you have there I would be delighted!

• Profile Photo

@holzhamer - I will check and PM you.

• Profile Photo

First paint on the Focke-Wulf.
    RLM 66 and some highlight with a lighter, richer tone and also freshly applied oils. All dry brushing will follow once the oils dry

Even the pre-painted PE gets some of my RLM mix and oils just to blend a bit more with the remaining parts
    Next update to come is about 02 and the same routine for the undercarriage parts

• Profile Photo

Very nice results, Pedro.
    Highlighting looks great, as well as the provided PE.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Love the cockpit and also the extra painting at the prepainted PE, my friend @holzhamer!

• Profile Photo

Been working inside the comfort zone, meaning mostly around Eduards 190 F-8, but also some advances with the Stuka

The 190 whell bay is done - assembled, painted and weathered

The legs, both frontal and rear, are underway, 02 to be painted and the brake lines also added

The engine, which is almost invisible once the fuselage is complete, also done

The spinner spiral is a second try using one of the kits decals trimmed to size. The one that comes in Exito decal sheet has a poor placement issue, not sure if my fault or not, but thankfully the kit comes with a plethora of different spiral types used on the 190

The canopy is masked and first painted with the interior RLM66, and the headrest set is completed. All it lacks is the two spring cables of the closing mechanism

Finally the ordinance, the main AB250 bomb yet to be completed

and the resin SC50 completed… but I’ll likely add the Dinort poles to them later on

As for the Stuka, the propeller is completed (minus weathering)

I await the arrival of a Quinta Studio cockpit set to begin the cockpit work, but been chopping other parts like the wheels and the nose section

The contours of the nose parts is too thick, mainly around the area of the engine bearers, something Hasegawa overlook

Some work ahead… not forgetting the Henschel 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Great painting and craftsmanship, my friend @holzhamer!

• Profile Photo

Nice progress, Pedro @holzhamer
    The spiral on the Stuka propellor, is that also a decal?

• Profile Photo

That is one massive update, with stuff going on all over the two planes. And great stuff too. As always I like the superb attention to detail you present us with Pedro!

• Profile Photo

Thanks you my friends for the kind words

@airbum Erik- with 3 planes in one take things are bound to get messy. Just hope I won’t lose a part during this ordeal

John- the Stuka spiral is indeed decal from the Exito sheet I’m using for all three kites