A couple of Schlacht planes zooming down

Started by Pedro L. Rocha · 98 · 2 years ago · 1/48, Eduard, Fw.190 F, Henschel 129 B, Revell, Schlacht combo
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Amazing detailing, Pedro.
    Love the way you are able to get those tones visible in the interior.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Thanks John, but it really is an easy though time consuming task. Try it on your next cockpit 😉

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Love too what I see, my friend @holzhamer!

• Profile Photo

Time for another quick update!

The FW 190 is almost at painting stage so this weekend I’ll be tackling him hard

As for the Stuka, progress mainly around the cockpit, though there are still several parts of it that I have not yet begun, the main parts structure is all but drybrushed

• Profile Photo

Looking really great, my friend @holzhamer!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 10 months ago:

The usual high quality from you @holzhamer. Stunning!

• Profile Photo

Beautiful progress, Pedro @holzhamer

• Profile Photo

Thank you for the feedback fellas!

Small steps in the Stuka cockpit and some paintwork started on the Wurger

The yellow 04 band is applied over a black & white marbling and next step is finishing the marbling and paint the 76 blue.

With a mix of plastic parts, resin decals and Aires resin bits the cockpit is well underway.
    After reading Chuck’s problem with seatbelts of another Quinta Studios set, I was forewarned that they tear up easily. Unfortunately that same situation fell upon one of the lap belt of the gunners seat. That stuff is really very fragile 🙁

Super zoomed pic that compares the kit’s pilot seat vs the Aires seat. Easy choice right?
    After the brown oil paint dries I’ll be adding the remaining of the belts, hopefully without any harm

• Profile Photo

Great progress, Pedro @holzhamer
    The seat difference is indeed more than huge.

• Profile Photo

Love your progress, my friend @holzhamer, as well as the "improved" seat!

• Profile Photo

Back to the 190 🙂

Of the three planes that come in the exito decal sheet, the Wurger is undoubtably the most challenging in a couple of ways

1- regardless of the interpretation presented in the drawing that comes in the decals (which is not exact IMO) the mottling and the freshly painted/repainted areas make it very appealing
    2- In my interpretation of this B&W photo (courtesy of Falkeins website) the yellow ID band behind the fuselage Balkenkreuz is still yellow, not repainted in 76 blue. Furthermore there is a small paint patch applied to the left of the Balkenkreuz that doesn’t seem to be in 04. It looks like 02 or some green perhaps.

However, unlike most others bands we see in the Russian front fighters, this one has no hard edge border, indeed it has been slightly oversprayed by the field applied camouflage mottle.
    On the other hand the lower rudder yellow ID patch (unseen in any photo I’m aware might have been painted over- and perhaps also the lower wingtips 04 areas?- again no evidence available in photos that even proves this plane has those in the first place).
    So for the latter two areas I’ll be following Exito’s artwork suggestion.

Here’s how it is at the moment

Black base overall still visible on the upper surfaces. Within 24 hours the yellow and 76 blue will be fully cured so I’ll mask the yellow areas and proceed with 74/75, including the mottling.
    The final paint work will be around those areas surrounding the yellow band.

The lower surface might need some bit more of 76 blending… looks much more pronounced in the photos than by naked eye

I almost forgot to mention that the U/C is painted and will be subassembled later on.
    Cheers!

• Profile Photo

That's some solid progress, my friend @holzhamer, and I love your color research!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten
    Thanks Spiros! Detective work is half the fun of many builds right?

• Profile Photo

Great work Pedro @holzhamer
    Also nice findings on the real paintwork on this bird.

• Profile Photo

Here goes another quick update, this one all about the 190

Although his camouflage is still unfinished, it’s already perceived how it will eventually look.
    There are still some areas to add, some retouches and obviously the weathering all round before I go for the decals.
    You can see that the 04 band borders are still undone accordingly to the photos for instance, thou the 02 patches have been sprayed.

The lower surfaces have also been retouched and the black basing seem less conspicuous

Next is back to the Stuka! I plan to start the Henschel 129 as soon as the 190 is completed