Eduard 1/48 Bf 109E-1

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 84 · 6 months ago · 1/48, Bf 109, Eduard, Emil, Luftwaffe GB, Messerschmitt
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

Hi everyone!

This morning the postman knocked our door and gave us a box coming from The Netherlands, a present from my good friend @johnb! Inside, there were treats for the whole family (chocolate Eastern eggs, dropje - the nice dutch candies I am addicted to -, toys for the kids) and...this box...

The Eduard Bf-109E needs no introduction: a modern, detailed kit of the iconic Emil, a superb kit!

Here are the kit contents...

...and a peek at the excellent instructions... Decals look great...

Could not wait and started it, here is the progress so far...

I am intending to finish it as 9./JG 26 Schlageter Yellow 6+I (W.Nr.3462) Lt. Wolfgang Ludewig's machine,

May 1940, Battle of the Netherlands - Essen-Mühlheim..

I chose this gorgeous scheme, as it has to do with the Netherlands, where my good friend @johnb is from, even if it refers to a sad event for The Netherlands.

Thanks so much for your wonderful present, John!

More to come!

• Profile Photo
    Jim Altergott said 1 year ago:

Looks like a great kit Spiros. I plan on purchasing the Wingsy kit of the 109E-1. Looking forward to seeing this come together.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 1 year ago:

Good choice of markings Spiros @fiveten
    Can’t go wrong with a JG.26 Emil

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @jaltergott6! I believe the Wingsy is a super kit, but the Eduard is excellent as well.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @holzhamer!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 1 year ago:

Great choice for your next project, Spiros @fiveten. Like Pedro said, you can go wrong with an Emil. I'll be watching.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @eb801!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

Glad you like it, and the candy as well, Spiros @fiveten

It was a pleasure to sent it to you and I'm looking forward to see it in the chosen scheme. The Emil has always been my favorite 109 variant, especially in those early schemes. Although a pity to see that the swastika decals are removed in this kit, I knew it is done sometimes but this is the first time I experienced it.

Looking forward to this build.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb! Luckily there are swastikas in "split mode" that remained in the sheet, so all is good!

• Profile Photo

The radiator outlet was represented by a plain styrene sheet. To improve looks, I used a piece of fine mesh instead...

Here is how the radiator outlet looks with the radiator attached... ...and the inlet... Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

You're progressing rapidly, Spiros @fiveten
    The radiator is a huge improvement this way.
    The "split mode" swastikas will work for sure, otherwise I do have spare swastikas in stash which I can sent in case you prefer those.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year ago:

I really like the early 109s, Spiros (@fiveten). This Eduard kit should build into a great model. Looking forward to following along.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb! I think I will also add fine mesh for the faces of the underwing ones. Thanks, as always, for your willingness to help with the swastikas should things go wrong.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @gblair! The Eduard is, indeed, a superb kit.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year ago:

Good to have a 109 in progress! The reason for the cut-off is that it is one of the kits originally sold on the German market where this symbol is forbidden. Of course we modellers use them as we prefer the builds to be correct, and Eduard has made all their sheets this way, simply cutting the corner on kits exported to Germany.

Looking forward to this early plane coming together.