• Profile Photo
    Felix said 1 month, 4 weeks ago:

Really pristine work, John @johnb!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 month, 4 weeks ago:

@fxrob, thank you, Felix

• Profile Photo

Scratch build the FuG16 antenna system, Morane and loop, and the FuG25 antenna.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong on the antenna naming.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 month, 4 weeks ago:

The antennas look really good, John (@johnb). With all of these details, it is easy to forget that this isn't a 1/48 kit.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 month, 4 weeks ago:

Excellent add-ons, my friend @johnb! Indeed, it easily passes for 1/48!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 1 month, 4 weeks ago:

Excellent. What did you make those antennas out of? Wire and? @johnb. Sure does look like 1/48.

• Profile Photo

@gblair, thank you, George. It was not that easy to get those parts on, lets hope they will stay on during the final steps.

@fiveten, thanks a lot, Spiros.

@eb801, thank you, Eric. The FuG16 Modane is a plastic piece from the spare box on which I glued one part of twisted electric wire. The FuG16 loop antenna is made from thin lead and the FuG25 is also made from electric wire.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

Wash and satin coating applied. Canopy masks removed.
    I'm in doubt if I will attach the antenna wire, for that I need to glue it to the transparent part of the canopy or drill a tiny hole. In both cases the risk of damaging the canopy is quite high. Any advice would be helpful.

• Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

This will be a small hole so go slow. You can help to mitigate the risk of the drill bit sliding by making a small punch mark with a pin. Attach the wire to the canopy and let it dry. Later attach it to the vertical stabilizer.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

Looks excellent so far, my friend @johnb! If you decide to attach an antenna wire, our friend's @clipper advice is the way to go

• Profile Photo

@clipper, thanks for the advice, Carl. I will search for the smallest drill bit I have. I was thinking about glueing the wire to the headrest so no glue is needed at the canopy.
    @fiveten, thank you, Spiros. Definitely going to give it a try.

• Profile Photo

To attach the antenna I first drilled a hole in the canopy with a 0.3mm drill.

The antenna, Uschi van der Rosten, was first glued to the headrest. The other end went through the opening in the canopy, this took a lot of tries, and glued to the tail.

This is how it turned out. Not perfect but to me it is acceptable for 1/72.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

Looks perfect from here, my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thanks a lot, Spiros. I should be able to get this one finished next weekend.

• Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

Looks great John (@johnb). I am sure there was some nervousness when drilling the hole, but by starting with a punch mark and working your way up through drill bits, it can be done safely enough.