Focke-Wulf FW190 'Family'

Started by Paul Barber · 23 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 3 years ago:

Louis, well done for starting this wide ranging GB! I hope it is as long-lived, informative and as much fun as those you've run before!

I'm going to attempt an ongoing project of 1/48 FW190 builds.

The initial subjects of the project will be:

A-4 JG 54 - Hannes Trautloft
    A-5/U-12 - JG 11 - Erich Hondt
    A-5 JG 54 - Water Nowotny
    A-6/R-11 'Neptun' JG 300 - Hajo Hermann
    D-9 TBC
    D-13/R-11 - 'Yellow 10' JG 26 - Franz Gotz
    TA 152 TBC

I'll use these kits

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years ago:

An entire family of 190's, that is awesome, Paul @yellow10
    Really looking forward to see them in a family portrait.

• Profile Photo

I hope to do them justice, John @johnb - it'll need a full year and a following wind!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years ago:

Gosh, that is going to be a treat! Strong tailwinds and happy landings @yellow10!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

What an amazing, aggressive multi-entry, my friend @yellow10!
    Or, should I call you 190-man? 🙂
    Looking forward to see these beauties built by your standards of excellency!

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 3 years ago:

Wow Paul very ambitious series of 190's for the GB. The Barber Iron work looks like will be ramping up on these projects. Giving our friend Louis a nice send off on this GB.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 3 years ago:

That’s a whole lot of würgers Paul! I ‘m afraid competition is a sure thing when it come to 190 or the ubiquitous 109. I’ll be building an 190 F- 8 also, amongst others. But I’ll be closely following yours, that’s for sure;-)

• Profile Photo

Chuck @uscusn , Louis did so much (and so many) for the RAF build, and although I’ve never put one together the 190 is probably my favourite WW2 subject and I’ve been waiting for an excuse! It just seemed to add up. Every plane here had been planned and bits and pieces of aftermarket already purchased. So it’ll be mainly GB stuff for me from this point for about a year. I like GBs so much - more than the building comes the camaraderie! Between the Falklands, EoJ and Korea - and some other mini- projects to finish before June it’ll be busy but fun!

• Profile Photo

@holzhamer Pedro, I may be leaning on your knowledge from time to time! As I said to Chuck I’m up to my neck in GBs. All the kits I’ve got here (maybe with the exception of the Z-M 152) should be ‘relatively’ straightforward tools to work with. I’m glad there’s an F-8 in the pipeline! Hopefully many more 190s across the piece. Your checker-nosed A-6 was a work of art! Butcherbirds are just a beautiful shape to me. Despite my ‘Yellow 10’ handle, I still prefer the radials.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 3 years ago:

Nice selection of markings for these. They should keep you "off the streets and out of trouble" this coming year.

• Profile Photo

@tcinla - these and the biohazard will keep me 'honest' and at the bench, as you say! Still working on markings for the D9 and the 152 - maybe Papagei Staffel for the Dora. I know it's a well trodden path but I'm going for the blindingly obvious with this lot!

• Profile Photo

@yellow10 - The D-11 is ONLY Papgei staffel and the decals are there in the kit.

Read my review of the D-11 for how to deal with the kit's "fiddliness":

https://modelingmadness.com/review/axis/cleaver/g/190/tcd11.htm

• Profile Photo

@tcinla - I will certainly take a look, thank you - that kit is headed for the D-13. If I go 'red and white' I will dress the D-9 up as Heinz Sachsenberg's plane - I like the 'motto' best from that group!

• Profile Photo

@yellow10 - the instructions in that review will apply to any Eduard Dora kit.

• Profile Photo

@tcinla - thanks - I’d guessed as much - I’ll be careful to sand it all flat - although I intend to pose as much ‘open’ as possible - time permitting!