Heinkell He-111 1/48 Revell-Monogram

Started by Colin Gomez · 65 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Colin, @coling
    Your approach is a little different from what I did when I built my Monogram 111 for the Kasserine Pass Group several years ago. I really like how you did this. I was constantly worried about getting sanding dust inside the glazing, or having glue destroy a clear part. There's practically no way to avoid this, and static can be a nightmare too.

I remember going through similar pains, but in the end, the results are definitely worth it. I like your approach, and will definitely come back to read this journal again prior to building my next Monogram Heinkel 111 build. I still have 2 or 3 more of them left in the stash...one is the Pro Modeler version H-22 with the upper turret and V-1 slung under the wing. First I must complete the ICM version. It's a great kit, I just lost my interest in it after the glue spill on it.

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Nice work on the cockpit Colin, @coling, the ICM kit doesn't come with the bed for the bombadier/nose gunner. I like it in your cockpit, it adds some color and interest to the monotone RLM66 Gray. I don't remember my assembly sequence for the glazing, but like Louis, @lgardner, I am always worried about dust. I seem to remember though that I didn't have any gap issues with my build. You solved yours nicely. I have been doing more damage than good with glazings lately with too much glue and going places I don't want. Nice work on yours.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 10 months ago:

The interior is really amazing, Colin @coling
    Also the additions stand out beautifully.
    Nice rescue on the canopy.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Great job, absolutely great on the transparencies, my friend @coiling! Your systematic approach paid off!
    Thanks for sharing all this amazing info.
    Cannot wait to see this beauty painted!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Stunning!