Revell Henschel Hs129B2

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 96 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Michael Turner said 2 years, 11 months ago:

G'day John (@johnb),

It has been a while since I checked in and you have made a lot of progress.

it is certainly looking good.

Re the canopy, it does sit nicely on the fuselage in either the open or closed position - I guess it is in scale for an armoured canopy. If you look back at the beginning if this thread you will see that I've built one with a closed and another with an open canopy.

So, if you can't decide, you could just leave it unattached and place it in alternate positions as the mood takes you.

i'm looking forward to the final presentation.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 11 months ago:

John, I've been off-grid for far too long, but that also means I have a lot of catching up to enjoy! Great details like the photoetch radiator flap and nice paintprep - very interesting stuff!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 11 months ago:

@michaelt, thanks Michael, the fit of the canopy is very nice so I will be trying to not glue it. In that case I can just place it as I like.

@airbum, thanks a lot Erik, good to see you are back. And yes indeed, there are a lot of nice articles to catch up.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Paintwork is coming along nice, John.

• Profile Photo

@j-healy, Thanks John, RLM71 was applied yesterday evening. Masking to be removed and see how it turned out. Hope to post some images later today if house constructions don interfere.

• Profile Photo

RLM71 was sprayed on last night.
    Did thin the paint at the end and added some white paint.
    This mixture was sprayed on the center of the panels like I did on the RLM70.

Need to find a good way to make it better visible on the images.

Next will be the yellow markings, landing gear and applying gloss coat.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Looking great, my friend @johnb!
    The paint is nicely fainted!

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Nice paint work John. As Spiros pointed out, I agree, the fade effect has worked out rather well. Will keep up with the rest of the project.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Splendid job on the paint John. Makes me itch to get my airbrushes reassembled! Great methodology you use to fade the paint. Duly noted in my little book.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Nice splinter camo John. What paints are you using?

• Profile Photo

Thanks for the encouraging words, @fiveten @uscusn @airbum

@holzhamer, thanks Pedro, the paints used are Vallejo Model Air (RLM70,71 and 65)

Last weekend I was able to provide the yellow color marking for the eastern front using RLM04.
    Had to apply it multiple times to get it sufficient uniform.

• Profile Photo

Looking great, my friend @johnb!
    Excellent painting skills!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 11 months ago:

VERY nice my friend ! @johnb

Personally I try to paint white as the base color any time I have to spray yellow on anything. Otherwise, it is such a hard paint to make look good.

Yours looks very good as is. Well done ! I especially like the little changes you did with this one, like the PE parts used for the air exit ramps under the coolers... and how you opened up the vent holes on the sides of the cowlings.

I will definitely use this journal when I get around to building the ones I have in my stash.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, @lgardner, thanks for the nice words.
    Although less progress last days due to house improvements, I was able to put her and her feet and apply the exhausts.
    Gloss coat applied as well. With the decals as next step she will be getting close to the finish line.

• Profile Photo

Looking fantastic on her feet, my friend @johnb!
    Love those green shades, among others!