Fw 190D-9 "Blue 12" by Revell 1/32 scale finished 25/04/2022 .

Started by Michael Ezat · 42 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 2 years, 12 months ago:

My participation will be something quite classic and conservative, in the sense that I do not intend to open any panel I find in front of me but I will keep its beautiful silhouette and emphasize the peculiarities of the color of this aircraft that as a late war bird have alot .
    The basic kit will be from Revell plus some goodies from my stash ( I don't know yet which one will I use).
    So , I wish to all to have fun with this group build and keep safe and creative .

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

A classic choice and a very beautiful scheme @faraomike!
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 11 months ago:

I will be strapped in in a classic and conservative way @faraomike, and looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 11 months ago:

That will be a nice one, Michael.
    Looking forward to see it in this great scheme.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Michael, @faraomike
    This was the very first model I built when I returned back to the hobby, after many years of not building anything. It's also the first model that I used an air brush on. Sadly it suffered catastrophic damage as was written off after our last move...
    So I am definitely going to be watching this one.

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 2 years, 11 months ago:

I am looking forward to your 190 in its late war scheme , Michael!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Big is beautiful, Michael (@faraomike). The D model is definitely one of my favorites, so I am really looking forward to this build.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Time to start publishing something , after all in the last days because of a virus that torments me, fortunately not COVID-19 , my hands tremble uncontrollably so I can not sit on my bench and all I can do is do a little with what I have photographed and write some text in keyboard off course .

So , this model starts with a lot of riveting . Following my reference plans and with the help of my good old Rosie the Riveter I am here .

All the main parts are riveted at a reasonable time ( not one by one as other times ) and prepaired for the next stage : cutting and replacing with Eduard's PE set of the major access panels (like underwing gun access panels , tail weel access , main and secondary panels on fuselage etc) but as promised to Erik @airbum I will try to keep most of them close (just 2 or 3 small panels here and there will stay open ) 🙂

That's for now , next will see how I manage to cut and replace the panels and a small scratch into the tail section .

Untill then , keep safe and have fun !

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 11 months ago:

A good choice. That kit is as close to foolproof as kits get, which allows you to concentrate on the finish, and "Blue 12" is a great choice.

• Profile Photo

Start looks great, Michael.
    Take care with your health, no matter what virus.
    Get well soon.

• Profile Photo
    Ronnie Olsthoorn said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Good start! The Dora does look nice.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 2 years, 11 months ago:

And yet in the end it was COVID-19 ! Evil broke out when I thought I was recovering from a seasonal virus as a result of which I have been inactive for about ten days .

My hands are still out of control but fortunately my tactic of always being at least two steps ahead of what I am posting now works , so I have something to show you .

Here we can see the tail just after finished with riveting

, without the part that replaced with a PE , prepared to accept the PE part and with PE parts ready on both styrene parts .

In

we have a general view of the PE in place + some scratch of the inner details .

In

is a view of the main tail weel structure without the weel , and with the weel in place .

Nice and clear so far and next are the preparation of the lower shell ejection openings

and .

Then is time for some PE on landing gear well

and finally some very small parts behind engine radiator .

After all a general fuselage inspection with the tail on

, without the tail but with the wing on , the fuselage parts with some parts replaced with styrene sheet ready for PE panels and the wing ready for PE implants .

This is the part 2 session , little by little we will go to even more demanding constructions and at some point our model will start to take shape .

Untill then , keep safe and have fun !

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Glad you are recovering, my friend @faraomike!
    Wow, what a level of (super)detailing! I love it!
    I have never seen such detailing in a FW-190!
    Looking forward to your next steps!

• Profile Photo

Serious modelling and great looking, Michael.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Great detail you got to make before the shakes took over - wish you a speedy and full recovery soon!