Fw 190D-9 "Blue 12" by Revell 1/32 scale finished 25/04/2022 .

Started by Michael Ezat · 42 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Love the painting, too, my friend @faraomike!

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 2 years, 10 months ago:

That's some incredibly fine work you have done on the flap detail, Michael, especially considering the muscle tremors you are experiencing. I think I would have to resort to soldering the etch, rather than gluing it to get such clean assembly. Overall, really great progress in detailing and painting. I hope you get well soon.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Thank you John , Spiros and Colin .

So , here is a very small update , better let's call it "coming soon" even though it is actually "closing for vacation" !

This is briefly through three rough photos the condition of the model today 03/07, where the first weathering are shown as well as the painting markings , crosses , swastikas etc .

I stop here because I have to get ready, we are leaving soon for our summer vacation and especially this year we need them more than ever .

This and the Me262 will continue at September , untill then I wish to all of you , happy summer , have perfect vacations , keep safe and have fun !

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Great weathering, Michael @faraomike
    Wishing you a well deserved holiday.
    Leaving your models behind might be hard, but you can go full steam ahead after returning from your holiday.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Thanx for the teaser Michael! Wish you a splendid holiday, and I shall be looking forward to September 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 2 years ago:

Hello buddies , how are you doing ?

Time for the final update , not so much to say . Everything goes fine , all I have to di was alot of weathering to achieve a distressed appearance of this plane , as it looks on the photos .

Using mainly some dry pastels , and secondary acrylics and enamels , I ended up with what you see on your screens.

A last minute addition is the perfect propeller set of Henri Daehne , which is excellent in its details, dimensions and construction sequence , with quality beyond any criticism .

Any comments are welcomed , thank you for your time and your companion for this journey .

13 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years ago:

Looks excellent, particularly the build details, very solid.
    The extra work you made to refine what comes in the plastic got this kit up at another level. Well done, inspirational model

• Profile Photo

Thank you for your kindly words Pedro ...

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years ago:

Well done, my friend @faraomike! The result is truly superb, with all extra work really paying off!
    Congratulations!

• Profile Photo

Thank you Spiros , Χριστός Ανέστη πατριωτάκι !

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years ago:

What an excellent result, Michael @faraomike
    All the detailing turned out amazing.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years ago:

Αληθώς ο Κύριος, my friend @faraomike!