Messerschmitt Bf109E Combo build

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 384 · 1 year ago · 1/48, Bf109E, Hasegawa, Messerschmitt, Tamiya, Werner Schroeder
  • Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Here are the final photos. I think Erik (@airbum) has the answer to uploading the photos. I resized all of them and they all uploaded perfectly. I think it is counter-intuitive, but I resized them up to around 1200 x 800. I will post some more later about the uploads.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Glad you cracked the nut George. Nice little 109 in a very different set of colors @gblair.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Nice that you seem to,have solved the problem, my friend @gblair!

• Profile Photo

So far, so good, Spiros (@fiveten). I have passed the info onto Techsupport. So far, I am 100% uploading the resized photos.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 7 months ago:

@gblair, very nice pictures of your 109.

In the help topic about uploading, @techsupport, installed a fix this morning. at least it did solve all my upload issues. He explained what likely caused the problem. Maybe this fix also has solved yours, you might try to upload your pictures in original size and see if it works.

• Profile Photo

Weathering commenced...

Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo

Look great, Spiros (@fiveten). White 1 is my favorite paint scheme for 109s, but I am really excited to see how the unusual camo on Black 5 comes out on the completed plane.

Thanks, John (@johnb). I tried Erik's (@airbum) fix, which was to resize the photos. I tried it and it worked perfectly. I posted the info in the thread in the Help section.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @gblair!

• Profile Photo

Final coat on...

Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo

Nearly there, Spiros @fiveten. Both do look excellent in their own scheme.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo

Horizontal stabilizers and struts mounted. Also some more openings created, the ones in front of the exhausts used for cooling the spark-plugs (thanks for the information Erik @airbum), and one on the starboard side of the fuselage just behind the cowl. Not sure where that one is used for.

• Profile Photo

Nice progress, my friend @johnb! The openings will add a lot to realism!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thanks, Spiros

Continuing with the wheels and the radiator parts. Wheels are painted and the radiator parts are ready to receive some paint. All after finishing my cup of Greek coffee.

• Profile Photo

Further nice progress, my friend @johnb!
    And I can see you have mastered the Greek coffee preparation: the caymak (kaimaki = top foam) looks just perfect!