Messerschmitt Bf109E Combo build

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 384 · 1 year ago · 1/48, Bf109E, Hasegawa, Messerschmitt, Tamiya, Werner Schroeder
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Almost there, my friend @johnb!
    Looks wonderful!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 10 months ago:

@fiveten, thank you, Spiros. Hopefully the last steps today.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Close!

• Profile Photo

Antenna wire and the cable holding the canopy are there.
    Only a quick checkup to see if I missed something, otherwise I would call it - finished.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Looks wonderful, my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Does indeed look terrific John @johnb!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, @eb801, thanks a lot. Now waiting for good light condition to have a photoshoot and present her on the headlines.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 1 year, 10 months ago:

John vd Biggelaar (@johnb)
    Your 109 looks outstanding and I look forward to seeing it in the headlines section soon. You did an incredible job with her, and I especially like how the camouflage paint turned out. When you added the additional dirt, dust and grime it was like icing on the cake.

I have to place a temporary hold with working on my 109's, and the B-24 "Tubarao" as well. I have a pair of 1/32 scale Revell Mustangs underway, and these were placed in a holding pattern until I figured out how to tackle a problem I was having in two different locations.

One was a tribute build for Major Preddy, who was killed on Christmas Day 1944. My original plans were to get it done so I could post it in the headlines section on Christmas Day. Now I have figured out what steps were needed, so I want to get it done in time to meet the deadline I set.

Once the Mustang is completed, I will resume work on these 109's I have started, (and finish up the B-24 too).

It shouldn't take too long to complete the Mustang now. I made some considerable progress on "Cripes A Mighty", so please look for an update coming up on it next.

• Profile Photo

@lgardner, thanks a lot, Louis. Although I think I could have done slightly better on the dots, more smaller ones and a bit more diffuse, I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Looking forward to your Mustang on Christmas day and the continuation of the 109's.