Monogram 1/72 P-36

Started by Robert Royes · 5 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 3 years ago:

I'm doing a captured French Hawk 75 , I'm using the venerable Monogram 1/72 P-36,sent me by Tom Bebout.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years ago:

I really like captured planes, Robert (@roofrat). They give you a chance to use some unusual paint schemes on models. This should be fun.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years ago:

Robert, @roofrat
    Welcome to our ever growing Luftwaffe group build. I am very happy that you accepted the invitation, and have already acted upon it. The Curtiss P-36 is such a blank canvas for so many different paint schemes. It was operated by a large number of different Countries, and as the one you are getting ready to build, often ended up in the hands of the very enemy it was supposed to be defending against.

I can remember building the 1/72 Monogram kit as a kid, and it was a nice little kit... looking back, it was a long time ago, but it sure didn't feel like that long ago...as the time has literally flown by.

I have two P-36's in the stash, but they're the larger Hobbycraft 1/48 scale model. I also have a set of Vichy French decals, and another set for several different Pearl Harbor planes, with one being the famous "pajama pilot" Rasmussen. Here's a little heads up... look for that one to show up in the headlines section, wearing a Bare Metal Foil finish, but minus the bullet and cannon holes in December. The tail wheel will also be fully inflated.

Take care brother, and I look forward to the next installments you post.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 12 months ago:

This is an amazing choice, my friend @roofrat!
    Lookinjg forward to see this classic kit in captured markings!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 12 months ago:

An amazing aircraft and great choice to build a captured one, Robert.
    I had the luck to see one two years ago.
    Looking forward to your build.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.