Tamiya 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109 G-6

Started by George Williams · 23 · 2 years ago · 1/48 BF109 G-6, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 years, 10 months ago:

@holzhamer Hi Pedro, thanks for your help and advice, I definitely want to display it with the cowlings open as much as possible. I've read your build and admired your superb model, a great inspiration, but I don't think I'll achieve anything like your standards.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Cockpit details are already visible and looking nice, my friend @chinesegeorge!

• Profile Photo
    Gary Brantley said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Yes sir, that's a great start @chinesegeorge! Looking good man! 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 years, 10 months ago:

OK, I’ve applied a small wash and a little dry brushing and am ready for step 3 - joining the fuselage sides. Please can anyone tell me, is there a join line along the top behind the cockpit on the real thing? I’m sure I’ve read that there is somewhere. Thanks for looking and for your help as always.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

I "think" there's something there...
    I 'll pass the subject to our 109 expert friend Erik @airbum!
    Your cockpit looks great, my friend @chinesegeorge!

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Yes, there is a longitudinal joint line on both upper and lower side of the 109 fuselage George.
    When you glue the fuselage halves the resulting seams are appropriate to replicate them, and as you can expect the kit’s fit is very good so it’s hard to mess the seam line with putty or something of the sort

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 10 months ago:

George, as Pedro points out there is indeed joint-lines upper and lower fuselage. If you use some sort of thin glue you should be safe.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Thanks for sharing this, George. I think this is the first construction log that I’ve seen of this kit.