Trumpeter Me262A-1a/U3 photo-reconnaissance conversion

Started by Paul Higgins · 25 · 11 months ago · 1/32, Me262, Trumpeter
  • Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 12 months ago:

This conversion is really looking great, Paul (@paulh). Well done on a really daunting camouflage.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 12 months ago:

This is really nice, Pul (@paulh). I had a lot of fun doing a similar recon scheme on my 1/48 version of this airplane.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 12 months ago:

Despite your struggles, it looks all perfect, Paul @paulh

• Profile Photo
    Paul Higgins said 12 months ago:

Thanks, guys, for your comments. Yes, a bit of a struggle, yes, a colour scheme requiring a lot of patience, but it came out good. Hopefully upwards and onwards now... ;-). I like your '262', Tom... looks smart.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Higgins said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Hi, folks... just a few final images on this build for you below. I managed to get the model completed a few days ago and I'm really happy with the outcome... seven weeks well spent.

The underwing details were attached using brass rods, brackets and angles, and I used some additional rods for physically attaching the engine onto the wing... so far, it hasn't fallen off! :-). I used the plastic undercarriage legs and they worked well. I modified the nosewheel leg by removing the section that holds the wheel, then removed the chrome-coloured section and replaced it with brass rod, 3mm longer than the piece I removed. This was to ever-so-slightly push the nose up/tail down to give it that stance you sometimes see in old photos of this type. The cameras were finally reattached and wired up and look really good. Some small additional detail was added into the cockpit... a small handle, and hand-hold and the canopy support cable. All the small plastic card access panels were attached using Tamiya tape and secured with Krystal Klear so as not to get and polystrene adhesive on the paintwork.

So, this aircraft, White '29', was delivered from the factory at Cheb in then-Czechoslovakia to III./EJG2 for pilot training; a small batch of similarly-painted aircraft had been delivred to short-range-reconnaissance unit NAGr6, but almost immediately, they were passed to III./EJG2 for pilot training.

The last of four instalments of the build can be seen here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP8bAsIA5k0&t=2s, and you can see the earlier episodes as well should you so wish.

I hope you like the finished result, and thanks again for taking time to look in.

Regards,

Paul

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Well done Paul ! Nice model and unique theme ! The camera's bay gives "life" as well as the nude engine . Waiting for your next project .

• Profile Photo

Thank you, Michael. Yes, I agree, the cameras are looking good in this model. Nice to do a more 'unsung' variant of the model. Glad you like it... ;-).

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Well done, my friend @paulh! I am off to the headlines!

• Profile Photo

Enjoy... 🙂

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

She looks amazing on the headlines, Paul @paulh
    Thanks for this building thread.