Wingsy 1/48 Bf-109E-3

Started by Tom Cleaver · 20 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 6 months ago:

@holzhamer - yeah, I love the periods where they were trying to figure things out, changing, etc. Luftwaffe in 1940-41, RAF in 41-42, Luftwaffe again in 44-45. Being someone who loves the painting, when you bring the model to life, that's why I am OK with the extra mile I have to go with the MMP paint. And why I will always end up with another 109 or 190 in the collection, discovering another off-the-wall scheme.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Just now getting caught up with this great build, Tom (@tcinla). Paints look great. A lot of the "newer" paints are a little difficult to get here in south central Texas. I have been having really good luck with Tamiya and AK Real Colors. I have a couple of bottles of the new Tamiya lacquer paint, but haven't tried them yet.

• Profile Photo

@gblair - Lacquer doesn't happen here. Complaints of smell abound.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Been there, Tom (@tcinla). I used to use nothing but Floquil, so all of my painting took place in the garage. The odor from the new Tamiya lacquer is not nearly as potent as the old stuff. I use Tamiya Lacquer thinner sometimes in my regular Tamiya paints, and I have an indoor spray booth that vents outside which keeps me out of the doghouse.

• Profile Photo

The negotiating position here is "No Lacquer. Period." Since painting in the garage isn't a viable option, and since I really don't like the smell myself, alcohol and water-base acrylic is it.