1/72 Junkers Ju 87G-1

Started by Bill Ferrante · 6 · 11 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Bill Ferrante said 11 months, 3 weeks ago:

Building the Academy Ju 87G-1 Kit No. 12450.

I am also using Master AM -72-090 Flak 18 37mm cannon barrels. They look very nice and I think they will really add to the model.

For decals, I will use EagleCals EC#98 which has markings for one Ju 87G-1 and one Ju 87G-2. I will be making the G-1, TG+BB of 1./SG 2. Ironically, these markings are included in the kit, but the EagleCals have a different interpretation of the colors. I will believe Mr. Crandall.

The photo shows about 6 hours of work. Academy models usually give me a "gotcha" but this went together without a hitch. Eduard canopy masks saved many hours of greenhouse masking.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 3 weeks ago:

Great entry and superb progress already, my friend @ferrw! Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months, 3 weeks ago:

Very nice entry indeed, Bill @ferrw
    A great start already, looking forward to this tank buster.

• Profile Photo
    Bill Ferrante said 11 months, 1 week ago:

The Ju87G-1 is finished. Completed with MRP paints. I liked them very much as they did not require a gloss coat before applying the decals. The decals themselves were great with no silvering and they responded well to DACO products medium strength decal set. The decals are so fine you can read the stenciling, with enough magnification! A very enjoyable build and thanks to Tom for putting this group build together to say thanks to Jerry for all of his great work.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Well done, Bill @ferrw
    This Stuka looks amazing, great painting and weathering.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 1 week ago:

A superb result, my friend @ferrw!