Corsair it will be - 1/72

Started by Greg Kittinger · 27 · 3 months ago · F4U
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

Excellent start, my friend @gkittinger! Great improvements! Looking forward to your progress!

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 months, 2 weeks ago:

Finished up the riveting, got all the main parts put together. Now just need to finish the pilot so I can pop the canopy on, mask it, and get to paint!

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months, 2 weeks ago:

Awesome riveting and excellent job so far, my friend @gkittinger!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months, 2 weeks ago:

Great job on the riveting, Greg @gkittinger

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Pilot in situ. I got the canopy on this morning and hope to get the primer on tonight while the weather is above 40 degrees, so I can get paint started this weekend.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Pilot looks great, Greg @gkittinger
    Looking forward to the paint session.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months, 1 week ago:

The pilot looks awesome in situ, my friend @gkittinger! Looking forward to the painting!

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 months ago:

Paint on. I watched a Doog's Models video on pre-shading beneath GSB, and got some decent results - doesn't show up as well in pics, but I'll use it again. Used MRP Eggplant, Tamiya Hull Red, Dark Gray, and then Nato Black to blend it in, then the top color coat (a mix of Tamiya paint). I didn't get quite as much contrast on the two colors of blue on the back fuselage as I intended, but will leave it as is.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 months ago:

Pilot looks great, Greg (@gkittinger). It is cool to see a Corsair in slightly unusual schemes.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months ago:

Painting looks good to me, Greg @gkittinger

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months ago:

Fantastic painting, my friend @gkittinger!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 months ago:

Greg Kittinger (@gkittinger)
    Your Corsair looks wonderful. The pilot looks good too, and I don't think I could ever paint anything that well especially in 1/72 scale. This will be a neat looking Corsair with the front half from one plane, and the back half taken from another. I have a set of decals for this one but mine are in 1/48 scale. It will someday be a subject for a future build, along with a few more FAA Corsairs.

Well done ! You are definitely getting closer to the finish line. Keep it going... 🙂