Dual Corsair Build

Started by Brian Mennenoh · 130 · 9 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 9 months, 4 weeks ago:

Indeed a cool looking Corsair, Brian @brithebuilder
    The fuel stains are really nice, as is the chipping on the wing.
    Well done.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 9 months, 4 weeks ago:

@johnb - Thank you sir!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 9 months, 4 weeks ago:

Well done my friend @brithebuilder! Weathering is really nice and I find the chipping on the wing "step" area pretty cool!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 9 months, 4 weeks ago:

Excellent builds! I really like how you detailed the engine on 122, Brian.@brithebuilder

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 9 months, 4 weeks ago:

Nice work on these two Brian.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten - Thanks Spiros, I appreciate it. I think toning it down with a bit of conte crayon powder when I tie it into the base will end up looking perfect.

@eb801 - Thanks Eric! Some dry brushing beyond what the kit calls for definitely makes the engine details stand out. Then I did a wash with Citadel's Nuln Oil, and then a final wash with Vallejo Model Wash Dark Brown. It's more reddish than Citadel's Agrax Earthshade so it feels a bit more like oil.

• Profile Photo
    gary sausmikat said 9 months, 4 weeks ago:

Congratulations on both, Brian. I enjoyed watching these come together...well done.👍👍

• Profile Photo

@tcinla - Thanks Tom, your input was incredibly helpful.
    @gwskat - Thanks Gary, much appreciated!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

Brian Mennenoh (@brithebuilder)
    Looks like you’re headed to the headlines section with your Corsairs soon. I hope the information I have been providing has helped you out during your journey.

These look great and I’m especially impressed with your figure painting skills. I’m not good with that stuff at all. You have it dialed in.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

@lgardner - I'm just waiting on an element of my display base for the 1D and then I will be posting an article, yes. The information you provided was incredible Louis and very much appreciated. The final result is definitely better for the assistance. The figure painting is due to a lot of practice painting Warhammer figures for friends over the last few years. It also helps to wear a pair of magnifiers... 2X makes fine details actually visible.