Vought F4U-1A Corsair (Tamiya 1/48)

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 311 · 4 months ago · 1/48, Corsair, F4U-1A, Tamiya, Vought
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months, 1 week ago:

The difference between old and new is huge, my friend @johnb! The Corsair looks awesome!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 6 months, 1 week ago:

That new bathroom is a huge improvement and looks totally tasteful and up to date, John @johnb. You must feel big sense of accomplishment. Now don't get yourself in trouble by placing a few models on the flat surfaces or dangle any in flight mode off the towel rack warmers.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 6 months, 1 week ago:

I really like how the markings on the wing came out, John (@johnb). Great looking Corsair. Bathroom looks good, too.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 months, 1 week ago:

@fiveten, @eb801, @gblair, You can not imagine how happy my family members were when they finally could make use of the bathroom 🙂
    Thanks for the compliments on both.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 months ago:

John vd Biggelaar (@johnb)
    I'm sorry I have been radio silent lately. We have been very busy with other things and I have not even had spare time to log into Imodeler lately. Needless to say no bench time either... 🙁

You sure have done a magnificent job with your bathroom remodel. It's a good feeling knowing that you are the person who's hands have crafted something that looks so nice. Not just everyone can do this type of thing. I really like what you have done with the remodel, and you should be very proud of your work.

We finally finished up the two year (plus) restoration of Sandy's Dakota R/T. Then we too have been working on a home repair. When it's done I'll PM you some before and after pictures too.

I also like the work on your Corsair. It shouldn't be too much longer now, and you should be able to have this one wrapped up.

Keep it going my friend, you are on a roll.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 months ago:

@lgardner, thanks a lot, Louis. No need to apologize at all.
    Sandy's Dakota looks amazing, excellent work done as well. Also something to be really proud of.
    I agree, doing things yourself is very satisfying.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Painted the ID lights and started weathering.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Looking wonderful so far, my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Nice, John @johnb. Louis’ 1/1 Dakota looks good too.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, @eb801, thanks a lot.

• Profile Photo

Added some dirt on the bottom and exhaust stains.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Really nice weathering, my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

You need serious exhaust stains, @johnb. The pilot might think there was something wrong with the airplane, looking like that. 🙂

Like these:

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Nice job, John (@johnb). It is great to see this one across the finish line. Very effective weathering.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

I agree with TC. Consider stretching those two long exhaust stains past the flaps and add some exhaust stains around the bottom cowl flaps, John @johnb. Check out some of L. Gardner’s here on iModeler. The finish line right up ahead!