1/48 Monogram "Classic" A-1H Skyraider

Started by Louis Gardner · 5 · 9 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 9 months ago:

This is a kit I have had in the stash for many years now. I wanted to build a Dark Sea Blue flying dump truck for the group, and John Healy was the inspiration for this build.
    John Healy (@j-healy) Thanks John ! I might be asking you for some advice on this build so I can make it an accurate Korean War plane, if it isn't already.

I knew that if I didn't start a build journal for it now in the last few hours before the cut off date, that I would be kicking myself where I sit down at later for not doing so.

I built one of these up many years ago, shortly after they first came out. Going from memory here, I think it was a decent model... I'm sure I'll find out if my memories are correct soon enough.

I'll be posting updates as they happen.

As always, comments are encouraged. Thanks !

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 9 months ago:

Superb entry, my friend @lgardner!

• Profile Photo
    Jackson said 9 months ago:

Hello , I am also a proud owner of this Kit along with a Tamiya version, one of these days ? Best O Luck to you on your endevour. So Many Planes and so little time.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 9 months ago:

Looking forward to this build, Louis @lgardner

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 9 months ago:

It is actually a great kit, the only issue is the engine cowling is a bit narrow, noticeable when sitting next to a Tamiya Skyraider, and by the way though an expensive alternative, the Tam cowl is a drop fit which will solve that. I built this kit about 10 years ago in GSB. USMC markings operating over the Korean theatre. It goes together well similar to the Devastator and Panther, enough details and room to add more. You will enjoy the build.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.