1/48 Revell F-84E Thunderjet a tribute build to my Dad’s childhood friend who was MIA in Korea

Started by Louis Gardner · 81 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 6 months ago:

These wings look wonderful, my friend @lgardner! I love the 90 degree rotation to achieve a different shade,
    Looking forward to see them mated to the fuselage!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Spiros @fiveten
    Thanks my friend and your not going to have to wait much longer.

Here’s a few pictures of the F-84 with the wings glued in place. The fit was so good I was able to apply the foil and not have to worry about adding any filler.

And now, after this introduction, here is the jet.

As always comments are encouraged. Thanks for stopping by.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Whoa! That looks frickin' great, @lgardner.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Looking totally amazing, my friend @lgardner!
    Clearly the BEST Thunderjet model I have ever seen!
    Looking forward to your next steps!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Sorry fellas for the late replies.
    @tcinla
    @fiveten

Other things have kept me away from the work bench. I have been "radio silent" over the last few days, simply because I wanted to get this bird done so I could post it today, on the 70th anniversary of Lt Rebo's disappearance. It is "almost" completed now. It is still lacking some of the smaller stencil decals, and the smaller clear bits, like the landing light lens and navigation lighting. I will also give it a coat of flat clear to knock the shine down just a little. Overall I am very happy with the final outcome of this build.

More so, I am happiest to tell Lt. Rebo's story. It is now done and has been posted in the headlines section.

70 years ago today. 1st LT Michael Rebo, shot down over North Korea. MIA for many years, and a childhood friend of my Dad
    Thanks everyone. I will continue to post the final updates until this one is completed. Here it is in the headlines section.
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 5 months ago:

What a great journey, my friend @lgardner!
    And what a fantastic result!
    I am off to the headlines!