North American T-6G FAC, Monogram 1/48

Started by Jaime Carreon · 39 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Work continues. Got some of the little details like touchup taken care of. There was a little red showing at the back of the wheel wells, but that was easily taken care of and the silver paint seemed to cover everything else just fine. She got a coat of future in prep for decals today, will get to the markings tomorrow.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Looking forward to the markings, my friend @jetmex!

• Profile Photo

Spent a good couple of hours getting decals on. They are a mix of the ones that Tom sent, a set with the buzz numbers and nose art that friend Cliff made for me, and some rescued from the decal stash. One of the things that annoyed me was the fact that the national markings were printed without the red bars, those being separate decals. Not sure why the decal manufacturers do that, but it sure is a pain in the a--, just like the British roundels that have the center dots as separate markings. And I was short four of the little red bars, those and one of the wing "USAF" markings came from the spares box. I'll let the decals set overnight, then shoot the flat coat tomorrow.

And I figured out what color the smoke rockets are! It was staring at me the entire time from the cover of the Squadron T-6 "In Action" book. They are silver with black tail fins and a black, yellow and light blue noses. Time will tell if I'm motivated enough to paint those really small parts with all those colors...

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

You know what they say, when you're 98% complete, there's still 98% to go! I did that last 98% today and am going to call this one done! Still need to add the smoke rockets, but I'll do that and post to headlines section later. Thanks to everyone for following along all these months!

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 2 years, 6 months ago:

My oh my that is looking nice.

• Profile Photo

Looking really great, my friend @jetmex!
    Looking forward to see it at the headlines!

• Profile Photo
  • Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Jaime @jetmex
    She sure does look good ! Moaning Lisa turned out magnificently... She looks very good in the headlines section. Thanks for finishing her up buddy... Talk with you soon.

• Profile Photo

Congratulations also from "here", my friend @jetmex!
    It was a wonderful ride and a truly excellent result!