Lancia LC2 - Italeri 1/24

Started by George Williams · 64 · 11 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Thanks @anthonyricco, @johnb, @fiveten.
    I’ve given the bodywork a coat of gloss white and started on the transfers.

The outer window surrounds are transfers, but you have to paint the inner window frames.

Some touching up needed.

About 50% of the Martini markings applied.

I’m off on holiday for a couple of weeks now so a break in progress, visiting some parts of western China I’ve not been to before.

Thanks for looking, and happy modelling.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Looking superb so far, my friend @chinesegeorge!
    Have a great holiday!

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Amazing work on those decals @chinesegeorge, you are owning them, much better than my failed decal attempts.

• Profile Photo
    Stephen C. Cave said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Amazing work in here! You guys that do cars always get a hats off from me! They kick my butt. Every time! Decal work is fantastic. I may have to try one of these again...

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 1 month ago:

The Martini markings do look great, George @chinesegeorge
    Wishing you a great holiday.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year ago:

Hi guys, @intruder500, @brithebuilder, @anthonyricco, @gblair, @rory, @bikequeen, @johnb, @fiveten, @eb801, well the travelling is over, very tiring, but some tremendous sights.
    Got stuck in with some more transfer work on the body shell. Mostly went OK, but I found it easier to cut some of the longer markings into two or three pieces.

A little bit of touching up here and there and we’ll be ready for a clear coat.

I need to work out a way of disguising the over thick side glazing though.

The RH door window is just a push fit at the moment. I’ll remove it before the clear coat.

Thanks for looking, all comments welcome, as always happy modelling.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

Really great looks, my friend @chinesegeorge!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year ago:

Glad you got a chance to unwind on your vacation, George (@chinesegeorge). Decals looks great. Long decals are my nemesis. If I was doing these, they would already be folded on themselves in 5 or 6 places, never to be straight again. You really have the skill if you can get these to look so good.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year ago:

@chinesegeorge - I'm a bit late to this party, but it is really looking fantastic George. I do love that you managed to get the figure to fit correctly, they never seem to mind surgery. It's like they're just good with taking one for the team. The decal work also looks really nice, and I really like that you're keeping the driver door open so the interior details can be seen. Very nice!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday, George @chinesegeorge
    Your progress on this Lacia is going nicely.

• Profile Photo

Hi folks, just added the markings and glossed the rear aero foil.

@brithebuilder, I’ve since decided to keep both doors shut to preserve the lines of this Italian beauty.

Lots more to come. Happy modelling.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

Had it not been the instructions background, I would pass it for the real thing, my friend @chinesegeorge!
    Looks splendid!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

Looks really nice, George @chinesegeorge

• Profile Photo

Good morning @gblair, @brithebuilder, @johnb, @fiveten, thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

I’ve added the glazing.

And a few more details.

She’s just about ready to be joined to the base, then I can add the rear aero foil.

The night lights which illuminate the racing numbers are not included in the kit. I’ll try to make them from filed down household pin heads, only two are needed.

Thanks again for looking and happy modelling.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year ago:

The decals look awesome, George (@chinesegeorge).