Panzer IV Ausf. D - DAK (Tamiya 1:35)

Started by Niklas Eriksson · 7 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Niklas Eriksson said 5 years, 6 months ago:

My first ever post, I registered earlier today.

This is my Tamiya Panzer IV in DAK colours. I built this kit over Christmas last year at my parents house and painted it when I got back home.
    This is an old kit but I think it is a really good one. Didn't have any problems with it at all during construction. Very straight forward and good fitting of the parts. I built it straight out of the box, except for the oil drum and the string of course.

I painted it with a mix of Tamiya XF-59 Desert Yellow and XF-2 Flat White, no idea on exact ratio. The swirly camouflage is painted with Vallejo 71.028 Sand Yellow witch is pretty close to RAL 8000.

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Nice build, sir...that's good work.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 6 months ago:

By the way ... what scale IS that string, Niklas? It MUST be 1/35th scale, right? Ha!

Great job on that Panzer and welcome to iModeler, where the jokes are free and the puns are stupid.

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Welcome home Niklas, a very nice first entry! I like the paint job and weathering on this one!

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Välkommen hem till oss!

As Michel says, I really like your Panzer - and as Jeff has already said, you'll like it here - the people are good and very helpful, you'll learn a lot from the amazing collective skills.

Great first post, my friend.

• Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Niklas @tarantulne87, really nice job on that kit. Welcome to iModeler!

• Profile Photo
    Niklas Eriksson said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Thanks for all your kind words!