Ducati 748 built from the Tamiya Ducati 916

Started by Rory Wilson · 9 · 10 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

Good day all, I am modeling my 1:1 Ducati 748 which is aesthetically the same as the Tamiya Ducati 916 kit. I have three of the kits which I hope to build all differently. I have had custom decals made for the 748 down to the matching registration/licence plate of my bike. The major difference will be the colour difference compared to the box art and the traditional Ducati Red.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looking forward to this one, @rory, Ducatis are like Ferraris, they should always be red except when they are yellow……….. Ferraris and Ducatis are very rare in this part of China, It was nice to see this one parked outside where I live today.

• Profile Photo

Thanks for taking a look George. My yellow bike is all original as it was built in 2000. The majority of the 748's that came to South Africa were yellow. All the 916's were red in SA. Then they built the Senna in very limited numbers in gunmetal grey with red wheels.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looking forward to this build, Rory @rory
    Your Ducati looks perfect in yellow.
    Don't tell me all the other bikes are yours as well.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

@rory - Fantastic Rory. It's very cool to be building a scale replica of your very cool actual bike!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

What an amazing triple entry, my friend @rory!
    And what an amazing bike collection!

• Profile Photo

Thanks for all the kind words and taking a look @chinesegeorge, @johnb, @brithebuilder, @fiveten. Yes Brian, it is nice that there is a model available... that is why I bought three... LOL. Nice Ferrari George, are there many supercars in China? No John, those aren't all my bikes, that was at Classic Bike Club that I belong to and we have a monthly Sunday get together. I only have six bikes, three of which are restorations that I work on in my spare time.Happy modeling.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looking forward to seeing this one @Rory, what a beauty - red or yellow you say! You may not want to look at my next build.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

@rory, ONLY six, you are so lucky. I'm already happy with one, not counting the manual driven bicycles.