George’s Motorcycles

Started by George Williams · 184 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Trying to guess what the exhaust issue will be, my friend @chinesegeorge...
    Hope Harry Potter's close aura will somehow be of inspiration, you will definitely sort it out anyway.

• Profile Photo

Indeed, my friend @gblair, the evolution in motorcycle technology is amazing through the years!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Nice work on the stearing damper, George @chinesegeorge
    Looking forward to your work on the exhaust.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Hi ladies and gentlemen, @fiveten, @johnb, @bikequeen, @gblair, @rory, thanks for looking and your comments.

The Exhaust Problem

These two stroke bikes have wonderfully designed exhausts, really exotic shapes. As regular readers will know I assembled, painted, and applied transfers to the rear/seat cowling. However when I trial fitted the two top exhaust pipes I found I couldn’t fit the cowling over them. Looking again at the instructions it is implied that you fit the exhausts first, then build the cowling around them.

This is all very well, but there’s a seam to be filled and sanded, then paint to be sprayed, and transfers applied, very difficult to do when it’s on the bike. In any case I had already assembled the cowling.

Anyway, after painting and installing the top pipes, I managed to wrestle the cowling on, but it certainly won’t be coming off again.

So, for now, this is all you can see of the top pipes, when the seat is fitted they will be completely hidden.

That’s all for now, seat and handlebars next, followed by the piping.

Thanks again for looking, happy modelling and hope you have a merry Christmas.

• Profile Photo

Though it would be desirable to have a removable cowling, so the adorable exhausts would be visible, your choice for trading this feature, in order to have a seamless cowling is the wise one, my friend @chinesegeorge.
    Looking great!

• Profile Photo

The way you treated this 'problem' is well done, George @chinesegeorge
    Looking forward to see the seat on.
    Merry Christmas to you as well.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 5 months ago:

@chinesegeorge I am familiar with that issue. But yours looks GREAT! Question, how do you in sort your photos in the text as you have done? And Merry Christmas back at ya 😉

I left the cowlings off my Ducatis and made a little stand for them

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Hi Cricket @bikequeen. First thanks for looking, and your Ducati looks pretty neat.

About the photos, first you need to upload your pictures, you’ll see that they are numbered, pic1, pic2, etc.
    Just decide where you want, for example, pic1 to be placed. Open up a square bracket [ type pic1 and close the bracket ], don’t leave any spaces, when you post your article the picture should appear there. Hope this helps. Happy modelling.

• Profile Photo

Cowlings look nice, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 5 months ago:

@chinesegeorge thanks George :). Sorry to highjack your post 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Looks great, George (@chinesegeorge). I often wonder if some of these models that have digitally-created molds are actually built by a human before they start molding plastic. I have recently run into things on models that could not possibly be assembled by humans.

Cricket (@bikequeen): There is some great info on adding photos, formatting, etc in the link at the bottom of the page called "iModeler Help & Tutorials". I still go back sometimes to remind myself how to do stuff.

• Profile Photo

Cool.- @bikequeen:

• Profile Photo

Household Pins

Good morning everyone, @fiveten, @johnb, @rory, @bikequeen, @gblair.

The rear cowling has a panel either side which, on the real thing are held by three fasteners (dzus?), these are molded in the kit. I fancied replacing them. The aftermarket rivets I had seemed too small.

While hunting around the home I came across an old box of household pins. There seemed to be two different sized heads.

The smaller ones seemed about right to me, so I drilled out the molded ones, cut the heads off the pins, and here’s the result (they are very cruel enlargements.

That’s it for now, thanks again for looking and happy modelling.

• Profile Photo

Good morning, my friend @chinesegeorge! These are interesting looks!

• Profile Photo

Very nice replacements, George @chinesegeorge
    So much material in and around the house that can be used for modelling.