Honda RC 166 GP Racer

Started by Cricket · 122 · 8 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

@fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder

Bought this yesterday, I should have it by the weekend or Monday. Also got the Tamiya Detail-up Chain, fork and clutch and rivet sets. Trying to find the metal wheel sett too but it is proving elusive. This kit has the clear cowling so it should be fun. Stay tuned 🙂

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

Hi Cricket @bikequeen, this was the first Tamiya 1/12 motorcycle kit that I built, although I didn’t get any of the detail-up sets, I think the metal spokes would be really worthwhile, the plastic ones pop out of position if you just look at them. I bought the kit on the basis of seeing and hearing it at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, love at first sight. It’s quite a delicate kit, treat it with care. Happy modelling.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge I have had my eye on it for awhile George….when I saw this one with the clear cowling I jumped on it.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

You got yourself an amazing present, Cricket @bikequeen
    Will be looking forward to the start of it.

• Profile Photo

@johnb Thanks! Should be fun! The chain is metal and Tamiya so i am looking for a red to seeing how it compares to the Top Studio one….easier I hope 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

Excellent entry and great extra goodies, my friend @lis! Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder

Thanks everyone, i got the kit yesterday and I’m pretty impressed with it lots of detail. The rivet set and fork/clutch set will be here Monday. The chain set is coming from Poland and so far I have not heard from the seller :/

Meanwhile i have been pouring over the Ducati Superleggera V4 instructions….thinking of starting it next but for some reason I have a lot of trepidation…. Dont know why….SIGH

• Profile Photo

It can happen, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten than is Spiros not sure which one you are referring to the Honda or the Ducati. 🙂

• Profile Photo

The Ducati, my friend @bikequeen. Sometimes we can have some trepidation for starting a kit.
    All sound great fir the Honda!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

Hi Cricket @bikequeen, I love the engine on the Honda, it’s almost a model on its own. When you build the Superleggera don’t forget to use Tamiya’s Pure Red or I don’t think the decals will work very well. By the way, how about having a quick look at my Alfa Romeo in the headlines, I’ll be interested to hear what you think of it. Happy modelling.

• Profile Photo

HI George @chinesegeorge, I agree the Honda engine really impressed me, such a simple kit yet it’s not.

Not Italian red on the Ducati? They are all Italian red : ) at least all the others I built were. I also noticed that Tamiya is pushing the LP line of paints they are lacquer paints….not sure I like that as acrylic seems much more forgiving

• Profile Photo

@fiveten thanks Spiros, I’m looking forward to both

• Profile Photo

PS @chinesegeorge I dont like the decals at all, that may be why I’m nervous ; (

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

Very nice kit Cricket @bikequeen I really want to get this one. Looking forward to seeing what you do on it.