Honda RC 166 GP Racer

Started by Cricket · 122 · 8 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

@bikequeen - Fantastic work Cricket! Your detailing is incredibly realistic.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

Each of your builds is better than the last, Cricket (@bikequeen). You are definitely putting your building experience to good use. Looking forward to the next one.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

@brithebuilder @gblair Thanks Brian :). John i’m running out of kits and money 🙂 and each one gets harder and harder to top the pervious one. This kit was a treat!

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

@bikequeen - Sometimes it's ok to reset and build something simple.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

She’s just beautiful, get her in the headlines, Cricket @bikequeen.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge Thanks George! Headlines tomorrow ….it’s been a week and I’m calling it a day 😉

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

Ha ha, Cricket @bikequeen, that sounds like a good lyric, my favourite - “I was so much older then, I’m younger than that now”.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge Yep Good old Bobby Dylan 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

Awesome result, my friend @bikequeen!
    Congratulations!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

Looking very good! I really like the (expensive) chain - makes a huge difference! Just one little question - I have been thinking about the support - is that not going to turn the other way? I mean the "cutout" would go free from the wheel when you push the bike forward, and enable a foot on the "handle" to swing the bike back up after a ride?

Just quriuos as to how it works - apart from my silly question it fully deserves a WELL DONE.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 8 months, 2 weeks ago:

@airbum it works in both directions Eric. It’s very fragile but turn the rear wheel in any direction and it rolls nicely over both sprockets. I wouldn’t want to do it a lot as I fear it will come apart. 4 hours to build it, 1 hour to repair one broken link :). Hope that masers your question and than k you for the accolades 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 8 months, 2 weeks ago:

@airbum @rory @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder

I forgot to add the oil cooler lines and clear shields on the cowlings so here are 2 last shots and it’s complete

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 8 months, 2 weeks ago:

Simply wonderful, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 8 months, 2 weeks ago:

@bikequeen - Fantastic work Cricket! This was a great build.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 8 months, 2 weeks ago:

Absolutely great looking, Cricket @bikequeen