Honda VFR750R

Started by Anthony Ricco · 56 · 10 months ago · Honda, motorbike, motorcycle, Tamiya, VFR750R
  • Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year, 4 months ago:

My new Honda Build, looks like a great kit.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Some nice Tamiya details off the bat, like these awesome weld seams, so cool, The kit comes with a clear body, so my thought is to do one side clear and the other in the racing livery.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Some gloss black primer on the frame and work on the Frame and engine, till we get to the point where the frame spider is about to attack and engulf the defenceless engine.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

And just like that the spider swallowed the engine whole and we have the beginning of a motorbike.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 4 months ago:

This is an excellent choice and ditto start, Anthony @anthonyricco
    The details do indeed look great.
    Work on that engine, and the other parts as well, is amazing.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 4 months ago:

An amazing entry and superb progress already, my friend @anthonyricco! Will be nice to see half of the fairing transparent!

• Profile Photo

Thanks so much @johnb, been lots of fun, I must say I really enjoy these bike builds, appreciate the encouragement.

• Profile Photo

Thanks @fiveten, yeah I hope the half and half faring works like I see it in my head haha.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Good work so far, Anthony @anthonyricco, looking forward to seeing your fairing, I love those Honda racing colours.

• Profile Photo

Thanks so much @chinesegeorge, yes their colours are very nice, just waiting for paint to arrive.

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Nice work Anthony! I really like your idea of half and half fairing... offers the best of both worlds! I have the Tamiya Honda NSR 500 factory colour kit which come with the clear fairing as well as a white styrene fairing. I haven't started it yet, but on that I thought of fitting the clear faring onto the model and doing the white fairing to display on a separate stand next to the model. I like your option of two in one though!

• Profile Photo
    IAN JACKSON said 1 year, 4 months ago:

I really like this, may be one I'd have a run at in the future. My NSR 500 kit has clear fairings aswell, but I chickened out of using them !

Ian.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 4 months ago:

@ij001 Great model….awesome work on it. Ive seen the weld marks on the Tamiya kits nice touch! Looking forward to your build

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Yet another great Honda, Ian @ij001.

• Profile Photo

Ah that will be nice having it on the stand @Rory, mine didn't have the option, only one clear faring, so thats why I thought half and half.