My first 1/6 police bike, Tamiya Honda 750

Started by Cricket · 12 · 1 year ago · 1/6th, Honda, Honda 750, Police motorcycle, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 5 months ago:

This is what kicked off all my Tamiya 1/6 motorcycle addiction ;). Before this I started 1/12 Tamiya bikes starting with one of the Ducati’s forget which model, 1199 maybe. I did about 6 of them before switching to the 1/6. I am a Tamiya bike Junkie and have the sweatshirt to prove it 🙂

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Well done, Cricket (@bikequeen). The detail and finish on this R75 is amazing. Your build gives me the motivation to keep working on my R75.

• Profile Photo

@gblair thanks George, the BMW was a nightmare in comparison to the Honda …. Both old kits, the BMW had very brittle plastic and I almost gave up on it many times, I’m still not happy with the finished product (photos can be very forgiving) 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Wow, Cricket @bikequeen, fantastic looking bike, lots going on there, please post it in Headlines when you’re ready. Cool sweatshirt, too.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge thank buddy ;). It was a very satisfying build. I dont know how to post in headlines

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge i got ot and added it to headlines :). Thanks again 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 5 months ago:

I understand, Cricket (@bikequeen). The molds for my BMW R75 military motorcycle are 50 years old plus some, the plastic is newer than the molds, but is quite hard. It is from Italeri and their plastic tends to be on the hard and brittle side of things. I'm glad you stuck with this one. It turned out great.

• Profile Photo

@gblair not my first old kit, decals are pretty bad too, but I learned how to treat the well. I’m not a rivet counter, but I have learned a lot in the last year and a half. Built a Tamiya Tyrell 6 wheeler F1 car in the spring it was really rough….had a hard time finishing it.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Fantastic, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Looking great on the headlines, Cricket @bikequeen

• Profile Photo

@fiveten Thanks Spiros was a good intro to my 1/6 bike addiction 😉

• Profile Photo

@johnb Thanks John…I should have written more about it, oh well… next time 🙂