Next up….. Tamiya 1/12 Yamaha XV1600

Started by Cricket · 35 · 11 months ago · 1/12, Tamiya, Yamaha XV1600
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

@rory @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder

This is definitely a Harley knockoff 🙂

I got paint coming which probably wont be here until the week after next so this one wont be as fast 🙂

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Another good choice, Cricket (@bikequeen). It always seems like I am waiting for paint to arrive. My local hobby store has a fairly good selection of paint, but I usually need at least one color they don't have. Mixing my own colors works, at least up to the point you need more of it, and then you can never get it to match.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

A great choice indeed, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo

THanks @gblair and @fiveten :). George I order all mine online as I am in the middle of no where. I use Hobbylinc.com they are pretty reasonable and ship pretty quick about a week if I order the right day….with the holiday it was delayed

And Thanks Spiros 🙂

• Profile Photo

Here it is so far, engine is not painted in this pic but the frame is, it’s a nice kit, newer so better detailed

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

@bikequeen - looks great so far Cricket. I'm the same with paints. I try to go to the local Hobby Stores, one has Tamiya and Vallejo, the other has Citadel and Vallejo. They never have everything I need, so I typically default to Amazon. Sometimes stuff arrives same day.

• Profile Photo

@brithebuilder Not here I’m in the middle of nowhere and I’m at the mercy of the internet Amazon is expensive compared to Hobbylinc and most times it’s at least a week wait. If I buy a new model i try and find the directions online and order what I need….they usually arrive near the same day. I only need one color for this i have all the rest 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

That’s a great kit, Cricket @bikequeen, and you’re off to a good start. Have fun picking out all those studs and buckles.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

A great start already, Cricket @bikequeen
    We are blessed these days that ordering online is so easy, in the past you had to go for the materials you could find nearby.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

I’m in a similar situation to you, Cricket @bikequeen, the nearest hobby shop to me is in Beijing, a couple of hours flying time away, so I’m completely reliant on the internet. Coupled to this our hobby is relatively unusual here in China, our Chinese friends, and my wife, can’t see the point of it. Oh well, it all makes life that bit more interesting.

• Profile Photo

With most hobbies you can ask yourself what the point of it is, George @chinesegeorge
    To me the most important part of a hobby is to enjoy it and find fulfilment in it.
    Together with loving, in my case, mostly aviation, our hobby is an excellent way to spent rare free time.

• Profile Photo

@rory @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @bikequeen

Thanks guys…..being the “wife” i have an understanding spouse….LOL. And as we build we must remind ourselves Modeling is FUN Modeling is FUN 🙂 Here’s yesterday’s update ….. nothing today i got nominated to return to firefighting and to kick it off we had a call out this morning and I’m worn out ;(

And I stole @chinesegeorge George’s rotor drilling technique yesterday as well 🙂

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Your progress looks great, Cricket (@bikequeen). You are right about our hobby, it should be fun. And I don't think George will mind you using his technique.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

I also go with having fun in our hobby.
    Great progress, my friend @bikequeen! The drilled out disc looks waaaaay more realistic!

• Profile Photo

Sounds like you had a great day, Cricket @bikequeen
    The brake disc looks much better this way.