REPSOL Honda RC213V - WIP

Started by Brian Mennenoh · 204 · 11 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year ago:

@johnb - six pieces of PE for a nut may be excessive John. 🙂 It does look cool and I do believe my scratch built part will work. I generally have the mindset that I'll be able to fix things and it usually works out. Extra challenges are usually just a great way to push my skills.

• Profile Photo

Swingarm PE complete. The swingarm had molded plastic parts that had to be removed to allow for the PE to be installed. The plastic was really almost as good as the PE. The 3 insanely tiny screw heads also seem to be overkill. I seriously doubt a normal human will be able to see them. Regardless, it was fun to install such tiny parts.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Shot of the 'updated' bracket.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Very bright orange! TS-96
    Time to paint the swing arm details and then I'll build up the Top Studios Rear Disc Brake.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year ago:

You’ve got to love those orange wheels, @brithebuilder, glad you’ve sorted out the swing arm, this bike’s going to look the business.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

Fantastic job so far, my friend @brithebuilder! The orange rocks!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

Superb detailing work, Brian @brithebuilder
    Those swingarm pieces do look just as detailed as the ones on my 1:1 bike.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge, @fiveten, @johnb - the orange is crazy bright - definitely neon orange. I think the replacement bracket I made blends in fine and really won't be noticeable at all moving forward.

I decided now would be a good time to do the panel lining on the engine while I can still get to all of it. I think it turned out great. The swingarm is all painted up including the panel lining... I also added the panel liner to the chain and rear damper. Definitely helps bring out the detail and make it look like it's been ridden.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Yeah! Looks superb, my friend @brithebuilder!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten - Thanks Spiros! I appreciate the encouragement!

• Profile Photo

Rear wheel and disc brake. The process for applying the tire decals is pretty smooth. It is challenging to see exactly how they're lining up with the tire though. One of the Bridgestone logos is a bit off. Maybe that'll be under the rear fender...

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looking superb, my friend @brithebuilder! The BRIDGESTONE logo's slight misalignment is not really noticeable.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

Great progress, Brian @brithebuilder
    I should not bother too much on the logo, it is indeed barely noticeable.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, @johnb - It's hidden at this point. Just a small bit sticking out so it's there.

Swingarm mostly attached to the frame.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Getting the chain in place while getting the wheel in place was a bit of a challenge. I was a little worried about braking something so I managed to go slowly and things turned out. I feel like the panel lining allows a lot of detail to be visible or at least noticeable.