REPSOL Honda RC213V - WIP

Started by Brian Mennenoh · 204 · 11 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

@gblair - Thanks George, there are a lot of metallics. I've been using Model Master Chrome Trim Enamel for the finer chrome parts. It's got a much finer metal flake than Tamiya's X-11.
    That's a very cool idea... I may have to look into modeling Marc Marquez.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten - If I can do the insane details, anyone can Spiros. Just whether or not you want to test your own patience/sanity as frequently as I seem to want to do.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

You impressed us once more, Brian @brithebuilder
    The detailing on this Honda is superb, and those wire ties are indeed amazing.

• Profile Photo

@johnb - Much appreciated John. I am incredibly happy with the way the plumbing of the front end turned out. Some of it will even be visible once all of the cowling is in place!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Ah, but we know the details are there even if we cannot see them, that’s what makes a real iModeler, @brithebuilder.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge - I completely agree!

• Profile Photo

After installing the muffler guard, the pipe was oddly out of alignment. I decided it was too much and it needed a bit of heat gun action to adjust it without putting too much strain on any glue joints. Definitely scary but it worked out quite well.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looks much better this way, Brian @brithebuilder

• Profile Photo

@johnb - Thanks John, I couldn't handle the way it was sticking out at the odd angle.

• Profile Photo

Masking and painting progress. I love the orange. I'm looking forward to seeing the red on the tail cowl.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looking superb, my friend @brithebuilder! Love the orange!
    Excellent job on the exhaust angle, you are a brave man working with the heat gun to the model!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten - Thanks Spiros! I'm not sure if adjusting the exhaust with the heat gun was brave or dumb, likely a bit of both, but it worked out. It was just too far off and would have bothered me for far too long. Modeler's OCD.

• Profile Photo

Your progress is great, Brian @brithebuilder
    The orange looks indeed amazing on this bike, as a Dutch person I do have to love orange as well.

• Profile Photo

@johnb - Thanks John. Sure, the house of Orange and all... you may be asked to leave if you don't like the color!

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Wonderful work Brian @brithebuilder. Your attention to detail is fantastic!