Tamiya Bimota Tesi 1D

Started by Cricket · 11 · 11 months ago · 1/12, Bimota Tesi, motorcycle, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 11 months, 3 weeks ago:

@rory @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @bikequeen @kalamzoo

I kicked off my motorcycle addiction just under 2 years ago. I had a Protar Ducati kicking around for years so I figured i would give it a shot. It was a mess engine was awful did not fit well and i got discouraged and put it aside. I saw a Tamiya Ducati on ebay and grabbed. It kicked around for about 3 years. At the time I was working on a Monogram Apollo capsule, it turned out to be a disaster but kept at it. On my other group I mentioned it was giving me fits and a friend suggested I put it aside and do the Ducati. I did and that was that. 4 Ducati’s later I came across the Tamiya 1/12th Bimota.

I was fascinated because there was no front fork and I couldn’t figure out how it would steer so I bought it, this was my 5th motorcycle build, so I was (am) still learning …… here are some pics. I have some videos of the steering but dont know how to up load them :). Here are some pics

And here it is with my Ducati’s and a lone Kawasaki 🙂

11 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 11 months, 3 weeks ago:

Look at that collection! They look so real we could be looking at a showroom floor. Well done, Cricket (@bikequeen).

• Profile Photo

Thanks @gblair George I’m up to 11, 1/12th motorcycles, 13, 1/6th motorcycles and one bicycle in less than 2 years 🙂

And now 8 more bikes in the wings 🙂

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
  • Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 11 months, 3 weeks ago:

@bikequeen - It is an impressive collection Cricket. I love the old school bicycle as well. The Bimota Tesi is an interesting system... seems like it shouldn't actually work. The videos are great. It is cool to see the functionality of that front end.

• Profile Photo

@brithebuilder yeah that’s why I bought it! It didnt seem it should work bout it did….i added videos

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 11 months, 3 weeks ago:

Wow, Cricket @bikequeen, that Bimota is a really exotic bike, well done on that.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 3 weeks ago:

Amazing collection and I LOVE the Bimota, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months, 3 weeks ago:

Amazing collection of bikes, Cricket @bikequeen
    Love every single one of them. Especially the old school bike is amazing.
    The Bimota is indeed an odd piece of engineering, doesn't look that reliable though.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 11 months, 3 weeks ago:

Interesting concept, lovely collection Cricket, 24 bikes in 2 years, what do you do in your spare time !

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Nice collection Cricket! That Tesi is an interesting bike... I have never seen that kit here in South Africa.