Tamiya Ducati SUPERLEGGERA V41/12th

Started by Cricket · 79 · 2 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 4 weeks ago:

Excellent progress done, Cricket @bikequeen

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

@johnb thank you John it’s going to be a slow burn now….new job just kicked into full swing today! 🙂

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Congratulations on your new job, Cricket @bikequeen
    It's always nice to have a new challenge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Congratulations on your new job, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo

@johnb @fiveten thank John And Spiros hopefully things will go smooth…it’s a voluntary position but I like it that way

• Profile Photo

Slow burn but here’s is this weeks update. I managed to get the “tail” done, painted the fuel tank, front cowling and seat done. I kinda like the seat it came out pretty well

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Red paint looks really good, Cricket @bikequeen
    Speed doesn't matter.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

The red catches the eye very well, Cricket @bikequeen.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Excellent looks so far, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
  • Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

It's hard to keep up with all the excellent builds here on Imodeler. Yours stands right there at the top Cricket (@bikequeen). This looks excellent. Hopefully the job won't interfere with all the fun you get from building. I am sort of half-heartedly looking for part time work myself, mainly so I can avoid selling my boat.

• Profile Photo

@clipper thank you Carl, sometimes I think I’m invisible here … SIGH

I hope you can find work…..my “job” is purely volunteer, but at my age it doesnt matter I would rather have it this way as it gives me the autonomy i want. Plus the 2 women I work with are GREAT! They are as crazy as me 😉

• Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

I think the "invisibleness" of forums, is just a natural outcome of the nature of these beasts, Cricket (@bikequeen).

We all are so bombarded by things vying for our attention, and so many people participate in forums, that it gets to be overwhelming. There's a feeling of needing to participate, a feeling of not being noticed, trolls (unfortunately - but at least not in this forum - thankfully). I know you know this, it's just a bit of conversation. I am not really sure of what the right balance is, but it's a constant battle against not enough time to do everything, and all the competing needs, desires, responsibilities, etc. 😕

• Profile Photo

@clipper it’s all good Carl cuz I got the ultimate display plan for this build in the works ;). Thank you for your kind words 🙂

• Profile Photo

Done … not happy with it but it will have to do