Tamiya Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin 1/6th

Started by Cricket · 77 · 1 year ago · 1/6th, Honda Africa Twin, Honda CRF1100L, motorcycle, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Wow, Cricket, @bikequeen, this aftermarket chain is really spectacular, gives a new level of detail. So cool. Did that assembly jig come with the chain set?

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Love that chain, Cricket @bikequeen, it will make a real difference to the look of the bike.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year, 3 months ago:

@bikequeen - the chain itself truly validates your username! Amazing work Cricket. Inspirational!

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 3 months ago:

@anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @bikequeen Thank you everyone, Brian the name Bike Queen was given to me as kind of a joke as I was cranking them out and after. Awhile they seemed to be my choice of genre for models 🙂

Anthony yes the jig came with the chain there was one on each of the 4 parts trees.

I got the wheels assembled and the rear wheel and swing arm mounted will send pics soon….it’s laundry and other fun stuff day :/

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @bikequeen
    Wheels! Each wheel had 4 spoke assemblies and the rim itself was 2 halves, The stokes are very delicate and best to install with tweezers. I’m having internet troubles so I will just up load the pics.

The wheel hub should be black but I was uncomfortable trying to paint around the spokes so I left it. Tamiya Metallic Silver over gloss black….still need to add valve stems and I had to take out one link of the chain…i am trying to figure a way to shoot a small video of chain and damper movement. With out a doubt the best kit I ever built 🙂

17 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year, 3 months ago:

@bikequeen - Damn Cricket, that looks so good! Your new phone likely shoots fantastic quality video. Beautiful work!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Those wheels are amazing, Cricket @bikequeen
    The work on all those spokes turned out perfectly.
    Love to see that information decal on top of the chain guard, nice detail.

• Profile Photo

@brithebuilder @johnb Brian, the phone will shoot 4K HD video and a ridiculous 48 mp photo, its an iPhone 14 Pro Max and I’m very happy with it

John here is the decal pic…it’s in Japanese 😉

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Here are pic before I start adding covers and stuff, then the radiators I mistakenly painted the rear caliper gold was to lat top fix it once I realized it 🙁

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 3 months ago:

A pity you need to cover all that beautiful work, Cricket @bikequeen
    If you wouldn't have told us about the caliper, likely no one would have noticed.
    Looks good in gold. And the Japanese decal does look very detailed.

• Profile Photo

@johnb thats the sad part about this bike, most of it’s covered up…and everything looks good in gold 😉

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Indeed, a pity you have to cover all this detail, my friend @bikequeen! The caliper looks super in gold.

• Profile Photo

@anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @fiveten … i bow to all the accolades because I dont feel I’m that good. Tamiya makes me look good this kit is a masterpiece of engineering on their part! 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Hey, Cricket @bikequeen, don’t do yourself down, Tamiya may make great kits, but it still takes skill to build them and get them looking as good as this.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge thanks George, i guess we are our own worst critics :)(