Tamiya Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin 1/6th

Started by Cricket · 77 · 1 year ago · 1/6th, Honda Africa Twin, Honda CRF1100L, motorcycle, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 3 months ago:

@fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @bikequeen

Exhaust and cooling systems done and installed. Now working on forks and other front end stuff 🙂

Colors on exhaust left to right, (all Tamiya sprays) Metallic Silver over gloss black, Neutral Grey, Silver leaf and far right Metallic Gold over gloss black. Outer side are chrome parts and other parts painted Tamiya NATO Black

13 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Your metallic colors look perfect, Cricket (@bikequeen). I am astounded by some of the detail in the wheel, chain, etc. Really well done.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Very impressive paintwork, Cricket @bikequeen

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Amazing all over, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Damn, I have been out of action for a while and missed this. Looks fantastic Cricket... well done! I also don't receive e-mail notifications.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year, 3 months ago:

@bikequeen - The detail work is looking amazing Cricket. Have you shot any video yet?

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 3 months ago:

@anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @bikequeen @fiveten. Sorry no video yet…not sure how to upload it here .

Anyway nearing the fi ish line. Worked on the forks, and much of the front end parts. Tons of bits and bobs to do, handlebars etc and it’s good to go….here is progress shots….we have had 3 ice storms in a row, well third one will be today tonight. Nothing real bad

Here are the recent pics

12 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Really, this is outstanding, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 3 months ago:

This is truly amazing, Cricket @bikequeen
    With three snowstroms in a row you have at least plenty of time to spend on this kit.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year, 3 months ago:

@bikequeen, it is going to be a stunner once it's all together. Kind of nice to be forced to stay inside and work on model kits. It's dangerous outside. 😉

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Wow @bikequeen, this is looking phenomenal. Love it.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Every component looks great, Cricket @bikequeen, I particularly like the spoked wheels and the chain. I’m not if you can attach movies to iModeler, but I’d be happy to be proven wrong.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Taaa Daaaa! The Honda Africa twin is done …actually finished it a couple days ago but have been procrastinating taking photos. Weather hampered the completion 3 days ago ice storms made it difficulty t paint …luckily i painted the large parts early small pieces I could set out the back door shoot them and be done 🙂

So without further ado….he we go 😉

And introducing the Africa Twin Twins :). (Mirrors are off the red bike as they break off easily)

14 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 2 months ago:

What an amazing result, Cricket @bikequeen
    Both do look fantastic and could easily be misstaken for real ones.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Phenomenal work @bikequeen, those are 2 incredible beasts, love them, I really need to get one of those kits, you have inspired me.